9th Legion Praetor/Chapter Master

Gorlak

Hello Brothers!

I am putting together a senior commander for my Heresy Legion force that I have considered for some time. The first attempt is in the, admittedly rather poor, pictures below.

I am looking for any and all feedback, particularly relating to the posing. I have been torn between a more aggressive pose, lunging forward using another set of Sang Guard legs, or a slightly more reserved, calculating pose. Whats here is somewhere in between I feel, as if he is about to move, a potential if you like.

The jump pack hasn't been cleaned up yet and will be magnetized to swap out with a regular pack. The head will also be swap-able for a bare head. I am tempted by a shield too, a small round shield, but I am concerned that it'll appear to visually heavy for an assault commander.

Anyway, any and all comments welcome! Thank you for looking.

IMG_1251.JPG

IMG_1253.JPG

IMG_1255.JPG

IMG_1258.JPG

See, I really like it as it is.

He looks graceful, yet deadly - Only thing I'm not 100% on is the Infernus Pistol, and thats only because I don't like the look of them!

Cracking work though, get it painted!! yes.gif

Thank you for all the comments and feedback guys, much appreciated!

I know what your saying about the pistol... it was a tricky choice. I want to arm him with an archeotech pistol, so I wanted to have it represented somewhere. I wanted to leave the left hand free for the suggestion that the sword would be wielded two handed, which ruled out the standard handheld pistol.

I was also tempted to go for a 'buckler' type shield, as seen in Worthy Painting's Dark Angels on that arm. Or perhaps Scibor's Celtic or Omega shields? (naturally with BA iconography in place of the omegas!)

I could put the pistol on a sling or perhaps mounted on the left thigh? I'm nervous the latter would lose some of the elegance of the armour there and the pose in general. Hmmm. Any thoughts are appreciated! 

As far as paint goes, I've had some results I'm very pleased with from my airbrush this weekend for my Sons of Horus so I'll be trying that out for this guy I think. All my other Blood Angels have been brush painted to date. I'm intending to go for a red helmet here, as I tend to prefer all red schemes - only my Sanguinary Guard have gold helmets. I'm more old school, with my vets having yellow or red, depending on their role. Captains though, I'm not so sure.

Thanks again for looking and commenting!

Archived