Cypher build

Cod

Ok, so I got my new DA codex and have been enjoying it immensely.

From the codex I think there is something close/similar to cypher we can build.

Company Master: replace his chainsword with a plasma pistol, to give him two pistols.

Chapter Relic: Shroud of Heroes.

Perfidious Relic: Watcher carrying the sword, that Cypher never uses.

What say you?

In WD 281, when I was reading back through it after finding the story in it for the Cypher fluff thread, I found an older set of rules for him later on in the issue. Basically, he had a profile of a Company Master, just one less WS and one more Initiative. 151 points, his two pistols, and power armour. His special rules - He could include a squad of Chaos Space Marines to represent the Fallen, that get ATSKNF, and must assault DA if they can; He could fire both his pistols, using them in close combat, counting as a power weapon and +1 attack; Animosity, is he joins a squad that wasn't the Fallen, on a 1 at the start of the turn they suffer a -1 Leadership; He MUST be assaulted by Ravenwing, Deathwing, and Independent Characters if possible; If he dies, remove the model from play as he mysteriously disappears - on missions that require his capture, he is only captured on a 6.

To represent him? Company Master, Plasma Pistol, Bolt Pistol, Shroud of Heroes, Displacer Field, and I'd throw in Digital Weapons to represent his skill in melee with his pistols and the power of the Plasma. Perfidious Relic of the Unforgiven to represent the Lion Sword on his back is also a possibility.

Ok, so I got my new DA codex and have been enjoying it immensely.

From the codex I think there is something close/similar to cypher we can build.

Company Master: replace his chainsword with a plasma pistol, to give him two pistols.

Chapter Relic: Shroud of Heroes.

Perfidious Relic: Watcher carrying the sword, that Cypher never uses.

What say you?

As long as you're playing a friendly game, that's fine. But, a Chainsword is not a 'Close Combat Weapon' for the sake of swapping out weapons (it is a "Chainsword"). A Scout Sergeant can get a Close Combat Weapon so he can, arguably, do this.

My DA army is a pre-heresy "Fallen" flavored army, so Cypher would be an ideal part of my army.   I got the miniature built (alas not painted).  Been considering how to build him using the new rules myself (or writing up a version based on the previous write ups).  Thanks for these ideas.

I have a very good experience with fielding an IG Company Commander with two plasma pistols. In melee they function as two close combat weapons and in range they can be quite deadly. I guess that the same trick can be exported to the DA Company Master and his power armor makes it even better in case of Gets Hot!

Archived