Rampagers (30k quasi)

BLACK BLΠFLY

I used MkIII power armor since I think the studs project the right image for assault Marines.

That's not Mark III, it's Mark V, and it was never issued to any traitor legion.

Not this again...

Whilst Mk V was arguably not 'issued' to Traitor Legions they certainly did capture/scavenge plenty of it during the Heresy, and presumably later Scouring, era. From White Dwarf 129's original SM Armour article:

Huge quantities were shipped out to Space Marine Chapters during the Heresy, including to Chapters which subsequently went over to Horus. As Horus's own supply position became tenuous Mark 5 suits were scavenged from fallen enemies and used by his forces. After the Heresy most of the Mark 5 suits were broken up or dismantled to provide spares. Few Chapters maintain examples of the design, preferring perhaps to forget the dark days of the Heresy. Renegade Space Marine Chapters may still be equipped with this armour.

To the OP: I like the mix of various armour Marks, mostly MkIV/V,  I've always though 'mix'n'match' suits lend themselves to a 'realistic' painting style with plenty of dings, dents and scratches, any thoughts on weathering for these guys once the paint goes on?

These guys will be painted using the Heresy scheme... white and blue. I would love to do some weathering and have some ideas how to achieve a nice look.

In regards to the photo quality they were taken with my cell phone. I will get better quality pictures when they are painted. :)

Archived