Hunt the Fallen! All the Time! (fluff stuff)

Tiger9gamer

Well it wasn't half the Legion. It was a few training chapters that had yet to even see action in the heresy or crusade.

The new dex does a good job of explaining why the Dark Angels felt compelled AT THE TIME to hide the Fallen, and that makes sense to me. But in the 10000 years since, the Imperium has changed and partial rebellions from loyal chapters has become commonplace.

There may be the odd story here and there if an Inquisitor about to prosecute the DAs after discovering the Fallen, but such stories are written BECAUSE of the Fallen narrative, taking the Dark Angels' fears at face value. But I challenge the very assumptions that such stories are grounded in since they're neither logical nor consistent with the rest of the setting.

There may be the odd story here and there if an Inquisitor about to prosecute the DAs after discovering the Fallen, but such stories are written BECAUSE of the Fallen narrative, taking the Dark Angels' fears at face value. But I challenge the very assumptions that such stories are grounded in since they're neither logical nor consistent with the rest of the setting.

Well, not quite. Maybe now it would have been forgiven. But 10 millennia of lies wouldn't.

Interesting point in the new Codex (mentioned for the first time I beleive) is that the Dark Angels took a significant part in the Scouring. This might have incurred significant losses to the Legion - making the relative percentage of the Fallen significantly higher.

Just a thought...

Archived