cypher fluff question

cypher 89

hey all first off sorry if this has been asked before or recently

from what i read normal fallen have black Armour  the same as the dark angels original colour at the time of the heresy, but  on page 18 of the codex it says for cypher dark green power Armour can be glimpsed beneath his long robes.

Wouldn't his Armour be black also?  i know his name is unknown so we dont know much about him, but if he sports dark green Armour wouldn't this mean he not one of the original fallen from the destruction of caliban?

i mean yeah he may have changed his armour but why would he?

again sorry if his has been asked before.

cheers

I´m not sure but my guess is that when 2:nd ed was launched the DA armour was changed to green from original black without any fluff in mind. Later on they came up with the idea that before the HH they had black armour. Cypher was introduced in the 2:nd ed Chaos Codex and thus he had green armour under his robes. The text in the 6:th ed DA codex is ripped from the original Cypher fluff text from 2:nd ed. Sooooo my guess is that is a little bit of laziness here from GW. That and if Cypher has green armour under the robes it is not as far fetched as if he would have black armour for ppl with less knowlage of fluff and such.

iirc they have retconned things somewhere by stating that during the Great Crusade DA who originated from Caliban started to paint parts of their armour green to differentiate themselves from the Terran Dark Angels ...... can't remember exactly where I read that though..... might have been Call of the Lion ???

Aye was Call of the Lion in Tales of Heresy book. They started painting one of their pauldrons Caliban green and started wearing heraldic shields based from the Order they originated from, before The Order gobbled them all up! :D

Thing is, Cypher isn't a Fallen Angel. At least not one of the original ones. Cypher comes from the ranks of the loyalist Dark Angels. Possibly even the Inner Circle.

Or maybe not. This is a part of an old rumor post on Warseer (very long, with much more to it) that came from someone purporting to have overheard GW people discussing it in a Nottingham pub.

Archived