Small Legion Project

Hello Brothers

Well after a small break from posting, I'm back with a bran new project I'm starting. I have recently bought 

some old Mrk II Models from forge world (as i like the old versions of Mrk II better) as there have been many 

modelers are now getting into the Pre-heresy / heresy era marines, so i decided to jump on the band wagon 

and have some fun while draining my wallet completely  :P 

so with out further ado, here are the first five marines i have started on. 

IMG 20130130 145700

IMG 20130130 145825

IMG 20130130 145839

IMG 20130130 145854

IMG 20130130 145907

IMG 20130130 150005

so there you have it. so now for the next few day im going to try and find a legion I want to paint them up in. 

so you all in the next post 

CM Furious 

Have you thought about the glorious Seventh Legion, brother? The Imperial Fists scoff at the need for toned done colours! Bright yellow is about as eye-catching on a brown or grey battlefield as it gets (unless you use day-glo colours...). :D

• 2 weeks later...

so back with another update on my legion... 

IMG 20130211 233129[1]

IMG 20130211 233135[1]

IMG 20130211 233142[1]

as you can see I have chosen Imperial fist! Because at heart i am a BT fan and my favorite Primarch is Rogal Dorn. Again the model you see is still WIP

and still getting use to the yellow :P 

look forward to the next post 

CM Furious 

Looks great... from a distance. Any chance to have larger pics? It's difficult to appreciate the details from this size.

From what I can tell, you have great eye for detail buy maybe the yellow is a bit too bright... It's personal taste of course but I'd say some shading could help bring out the details more and tone down the brightness.

I look forward for your next update! :)

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone! 

yes it has been awhile since my last update on these bad boys, but in this update i have completed my squad of 

Mrk II Imperial fists; 

IMG 20130329 145158

so after painting these five, i've decided that I'm not such a big fan of the yellow :/ although I love the Imperial fists, 

I just don't see myself collecting them, so my next project will be Blood angels, so we'll see how that goes :)

CM Furious 

Really like the sergeant in the combat squad. I also think you have a really nice yellow there.

A word of warning, if yellow has got you down, red is quite a bit of work to get right too. I wholeheartedly suggest a mixed legion force then you can pai t what you fancy and prevent that sick of painting too much of one colour feeling.

I'm biased as I want to see more Fists!

Whatever you decide happy painting.

I'm looking forward to seeing the results.  I've been working on some heresy era Blood Angels myself, I've nearly finished my first ten man squad.  I started before Betrayal was released and will have to swich things around to make the full 20, I've got a missile launcher and a plasma gun in the squad at the momment.  I plan to use then for 30k/40k and get maximum use out of them. 

I'm going to do something similar to you and mix-up things up a bit.  I like the challange of a new paint scheme.

For the Blood Angels are you going for a bright red or more muted tones?  I kept mine fairly dark and love the broody look it gives them.  I'll put some pictures up in Hall of Honour when I'm done.

• 1 month later...

Archived