Let's Talk Gunslingers

captain sox

Hi folks!

It appears we can get some gunslingers in the forms of Company Veterans, so I was curious if you would model/field them in a game.

In the Codex, (rather the errata down.gif ) states:

"Any model may replace his Boltgun with one of the following"

then it goes on to list the Plasma Pistol.

Since his wargear states he comes with a Bolt Pistol and a Boltgun, it would be legit to model a 10 man squad with both Plasma and Bolt Pistols.

But would you do this (rule of cool) and would you actually use them in a game? Maybe not all 10 as gunslingers, but some?

let me know your thoghts, while I remove some limbs from my vets!

msn-wink.gif

Hi

I actually have a jump-pack Captain carries 2 plasma pistols, but that's a Space marine one.

It's pretty cool that he can shoot 2 plasma shots and charge, very good special weapon hunter.

Veterans however, as long as they can carry combi weapon for just 10 points and able to access special weapons, I think they should serve their tactic purpose. However, a squad of 10, 9 carry bolt pistol and plasma pistol 1 with storm shield and drop-pad them behind your enemy sounds very cool.

It is perfectly legal. i have actually done it with the previous codex for 6th ed games and dropped them with a Drop Pod. Kind of neat but you need to be careful as they can be killed fast even by their own Plasma Pistol :D

I just dropped them next to something i really wanted to kill and they worked for what I was doing.

You can even give some of them Storm and/or Combat Shields. but that would make them even more expensive. lol

Also you should give one a Plasmagun and if full 10 maybe do two Plasmaguns if you are going that route. Same cost and you get two shots still at 12" with each guy on the Drop pod.

Also Prescience still works good so that can be worth looking into with a group of 9 and then drop them with a Libby.

Archived