DA Apothecary Setup

outrider

Thought it might be a good idea to seek a second opinion before I start rebuilding my army.

Apothecary looses his power fist in favour of narthecium. Can he, as "any terminator", still replace all of his weapons, at this point storm bolter, with hammer and shield?

I'm asking because the first entry suggests the nartchecium is suppose to replace a weapon but following my logic would defeat this.

Your thoughts?

No, because he is no longer a Deathwing Terminator, he is a Deathwing Apothecary. So he doesn't have access to the list of upgrades that Deathwing Terminators get. And before you say what if I do the weapon upgrade before the Apothecary upgrade, you can't. Because you must replace your power fist with a narthecium. And if you don't have a power fist you can't replace it.

Unfortunately you can't take anything else. As elphilo rightfuly pointed out, apothecary is no longer a "Deathwing Terminator" period.

The pity is that he doesn't have a power sword option so he can make a visible contribution to close combat oriented squads.

By comparison Ravenwing apothecary looses a pistol not a corvus hammer, although there is only 3 of them.

I guess the way the banners work now changes the role of Command Squads from first line super unit to more of a support role. They can influence everyone arround them, so can't be too strong which in my mind explains weaker DW apothecary and 3 bike RW command squad.

Still doesn't make me feel any better :")

Archived