Mawloc, do they scatter when using Terror from the Deep

RastlinD

My friend plays Tyranids and claims that when a Mawloc uses its Terror from the Deep ability it does not scatter because it ignores distrike mishap. To me the rule seems to imply that it can deep strike on top of units and just does not have to worry about the ending up with in 1 inch of enemy models but still has to roll for scatter. Please help me out on this one.

ok, why dont you have your friend read it to you... but since you are here, wherever it scatters to  (you do roll) place a large blast its s6 ap2, then once its resolved move surviving models for the model. BOOM hes right there all good to go.

Okay, does it deep strike? Yes.

If it deep strikes, it scatters. End of story. Page 36.

Also, it is not immune to Deep Strike Mishaps. It simply doesn't suffer one for being within 1" of an enemy models; they are moved out of its way, but it will still suffer a Deep Strike Mishap if it scatters onto Impassable Terrain.

sweat.gif

The rules are usually useful starting points in a discussion of this type:

"Terror from the Deep: If a Mawloc Deep Strikes onto a point occupied by another model, do not roll on the Deep

Strike Mishap table but instead do the following.", C:T, pg.51

Does the Mawloc Deep Strike - yes.

Does the Mawloc scatter - nothing in the Terror from the Deep tells you not to roll for scatter.

Does the Mawloc suffer Deep Strike Mishpas - yes, except in the case were it is arriving "onto a point occupied by another model" in which case you do not roll on the Deep Strike Mishaps table but follow the rules for Terror from the Deep instead.

The Mawloc definitely scatters. Just bring a few Drop Pods along next time, and when he says it doesn't scatter because it doesn't mishap (which it does anyway if it goes off board), then say "coolio, then all my Drop Pods don't scatter because of the same reason."

Archived