How are you using Azrael?

Upstartes

For this thread, I'm really interested in hearing from people who plan to use Azrael with other Dark Angels elements, not those who plan to add him to an allied squad. Nothing wrong with the latter, but I'm planning to do the former, and I'm just curious to hear how other people are incorporating the Grand Master into their Dark Angels forces.

So what's your battle plan, brother?

I personally run him with a command squad in a raider with the Chapter Standard(+1A), Raider is Godhammer that I use as a shooting platform mostly and use the squad as a counter to enemy assault units. If they have none then I just go take objectives or run down a side and start getting some kill points.

I Dont think that you can alphastrike with him in drop pod, unless you plan on taking a couple scouts or RW bikers to even out your 50%, which is still pretty solid as then you have telehomers. But I guess that will wait for a FAQ, just a thing to think about no army in the game can deepstrike everything turn 1. Closest you get is Daemons and Drop pods but both of those are only half. I dont see them changing that but the FAQ will tell....in a couple months...

I know there's another thread next to this one talking about the squad already, but I'm seriously looking at using a cheap, 5-man assault squad with flamer/flamer/combi-flamer (Maybe combi-plasma to work with Az's gun) as a way to deliver Azrael to the front lines while I deepstrike and scout move up the rest of my army. Once he's there he can join a terminator squad or hide in assault somewhere.

Azrael won't be able to deepstrike....

Unless he is in a drop-pod. Then you may as well use him in a CV squad. Or Command-Squad.

I have already run him with a 5-man DW Term Squad (x2 fists, x1 PW, x1 LC x1 AC/PF), basically no SS in order to get best use of the helm in a Raider. A good combo, but not the most devastating that I can think of.

Like I said above, run him with a LRC, 10 Vets with PW and 2 Fists and a Chaplain. You get re-rolls to hit in the first round of combat, a heck of a lot of attacks for charging, all with 4++ and if you take an axe as well you have enough AP2 to deal with any other threats. Take a MoR on the Chaplain (so, would have to be Int) and you negate the AP4 problem, and if you fight Chaos, it is now AP2. 

Overall, I think this would be the best deathstar unit with Azzy. Powerful, check. expensive, check. 

I put him in a drop pod with a command squad kitted out with 5 flamers and an attached Librarian with Psycic Scream.

Pick a non vehicle unit and its dead.

Best bit is the whole unit has a 4++ and nobody wants to charge a unit with 5 flamers in it :)

Archived