Courage of the Lion and Psychic Tests

Upstartes

Does the Courage of the Lion Warlord trait provide its benefit to Psychic tests? I'm assuming that it does, since the rulebook states that a Psychic test is a Leadership test. However, if anyone has information to the contrary, I'm interested to hear.

Second question: Eldar farseers have a piece of wargear (some kind of "stones" - I don't know the name) that forces enemy psykers to roll their psychic tests on 3D6 and discard the lowest die. If Courage of the Lion does apply to psychic tests, would you think that when facing this Eldar stones you would roll 4 dice and discard both the lowest and highest die?

What do you think?

Does the Courage of the Lion Warlord trait provide its benefit to Psychic tests? I'm assuming that it does, since the rulebook states that a Psychic test is a Leadership test. However, if anyone has information to the contrary, I'm interested to hear.

Second question: Eldar farseers have a piece of wargear (some kind of "stones" - I don't know the name) that forces enemy psykers to roll their psychic tests on 3D6 and discard the lowest die. If Courage of the Lion does apply to psychic tests, would you think that when facing this Eldar stones you would roll 4 dice and discard both the lowest and highest die?

What do you think?

Yes to both questions. The Eldar force you to roll 3 dice. The Dark Angels Warlord trait says to throw an additional dice. Therefore, you roll 4 dice, discarding the lowest and the highest. Surprisingly, you have more chance of passing this way than if you only throw 2 dice!

You're right, Pyschic tests are Leadership tests. It makes you wonder if they made a mistake with the 'Courage of the Lion', doesn't it? ;)

Well, with 4 dice, discarding the highest and lowest, the average result of 27 rolls was about 7½.

Not a single perils of the warp, and only a single failed test for Ld10.

Still, that'd be good news for our own psykers.

Archived