Quad gun questions

Giarc

So yesterday I played a game where my unit next to the quad gun died. The Chaos player then said he could use it, and fire it at me.

First off, is that correct? As long as your base to base we thought it would be fine.

Then, he shot it (by being in base to base). Didnt hit anything with it.

The question was raised that, since the quad gun was mine... could he shoot it?

Next I told him why didnt he assault it to get another Kill point?(we were playing kill points game). He then said assaulted it since he was in base to base. (and did no wounds to it).

I know the way we did it is not possible, cause if he took it over, he could not assault it. But can he kill the quad gun to get another Kill point? Is that possible? Or can he only use it to shoot?

Can't see why not, it's a gun emplacement, just like in Battlefield debris. I'm pretty sure he has the choice to shoot it, assault it, or even use it if possible.

Someone will correct me, but that's what I've garnered by looking at the relevant rules.

So yesterday I played a game where my unit next to the quad gun died. The Chaos player then said he could use it, and fire it at me.

First off, is that correct? As long as your base to base we thought it would be fine.

The question was raised that, since the quad gun was mine... could he shoot it?

"One model in base contact with the gun emplacement can fire it instead of his own weapon,", BRB, pg.105

So, yes, your opponent could shoot with it if in base contact. 

Next I told him why didnt he assault it to get another Kill point?(we were playing kill points game). He then said assaulted it since he was in base to base. (and did no wounds to it).

I know the way we did it is not possible, cause if he took it over, he could not assault it. But can he kill the quad gun to get another Kill point? Is that possible? Or can he only use it to shoot?

"The gun emplacement can be shot and attacked in close combat.", BRB, pg.105

Yes, he can attack it in close combat and destroy it (WS-, T7, W2, 3+ save). However, he can not claim a Victory Point for destroying it (at least not in Purge the Alien).

"At the end of the game, each player receives 1 Victory Point for each enemy unit it has completely destroyed.", BRB, pg.127

An Aegis Quadgun is Battlefield Debris. Battlefield Desbris is neutral (even though you paid the points for it). If it were an "enemy unit", his models would not be able to approach within 1" to fire it.

However, don't forget that as long as he doesn't have a model in base contact with it, you can still fire it on automatic at BS2.

Better cite a source for that, as it's not true.

I thought that was for all weapons on bought fortifications?

It is.  But Aegis Quadguns aren't bought for fortifications(which are buildings), they're bought for Aegis Defense Lines which are Battlefield Debris.  Different section of the book, and different rules.

Archived