Death Raven loss to Wolves

pueriexdeus

Reading a bat-rep over in the Sons Of Russ forum Linky.

Based on the Wolf players Bat-rep it appears that the DA player failed to support his units sending them piece-meal into contact without back-up to exploit the initial assaults. And the one glaring failure of the DA player was to leave the objective in his deployment zone unsecured. Against a foe that can deep-strike from reserves thats just bad tactics.

Lessons learned:

1) Support your Troops

2) Secure your Objective

Would like to hear the DA players version though.

(edit=more to say)

I'm not sure what he thought would be accomplished DSing ALL his troops into his opponents lines. How would they ever make it back to his home objective to score? Not to mention they were obviously going to be shot at and then charged... one by one if possible. 

He also challenged a HQ that had a 2+ armor save. That's a toughie and the DA player certainly didn't have the dice gods on his side (considering he barely made a dent with a whole lot of DW shooting w/Vengeful strike rerolls).

It does go to show you how dangerous a DS can be even with support. It's not like he dropped single 5 man down, he dropped 3. But I feel he should have used range to his advantage. If the Lord and TWC still came out to charge, they would have been drawn away from their own support.

I think the list would work better as a true Death Raven list having the RW scoring as well. Maybe with a blob 10 terminators coming down with Belial - a Lord and some TWC would certainly have a tough job charging that.

Archived