The Humble Landraider

Atlantic

What's the points value? Let us know how it goes.

Another risk is those Gauss toting androids being disembarked from a Nightscythe. Still a simple counter charge should in turn wipe out the culprit.

It's only 1500, which made 3 Land Raiders a bit of a tight fit. He's using Tesla Immortals so no gauss :)

You could totally screw him over by getting an aegis defense line with a quad-gun here. Since you have so many land raiders, you could easily block line of sight to the gun, ensuring at least one turn of interceptor fire. And interceptor fire is REALLY good vs AV11. 

What's the points value? Let us know how it goes.

Another risk is those Gauss toting androids being disembarked from a Nightscythe. Still a simple counter charge should in turn wipe out the culprit.

It's only 1500, which made 3 Land Raiders a bit of a tight fit. He's using Tesla Immortals so no gauss :)

You, my friend, are bad man! Even though 3 Land Raider armies can struggle I think you'll hurt him bad!

Points are so tight I don't think I can afford it plus I really don't want to leave any infantry out in the open where they will be butchered by the Helldrake. Even the ADL is no use against that thing sad.png

But the skyshield pad will. ;) A 4++ invuln nothing can nullify....

Points are so tight I don't think I can afford it plus I really don't want to leave any infantry out in the open where they will be butchered by the Helldrake. Even the ADL is no use against that thing sad.png

But the skyshield pad will. msn-wink.gif A 4++ invuln nothing can nullify....

Yes, but that one doesn't come with an AA gun.

We played the battle last night and, as expected, it was a win for the Triple Raiders. Not quite the cakewalk that was expected though. A Destroyer Lord managed to get into combat with 2 of the Raiders and took them out but he'd lost his Wraiths by then so he was easy pickings for the troops that disembarked. By the end of the battle I had one Land Raider, 2 Librarians, a Stormraven and half a dozen Tactical Marines left. My opponents had 5 Immortals and a lone Plague Marine. The mission was Kill Points and I won 11-4

What would you think of a dual raider list built like this.

Codex BA

Librarian (divination)

Assault Squad (10) 2 Melta Guns, Powerfist

Assault Squad (5) Power Weapon - Landraider Redeemer w/ Multi Melta

Assault Squad - Las Plas Razorback

Assault Squad - Las Plas Razorback

Assault Squad - Assault cannon Razorback

Stormraven

Dev Squad - 4 ML

Dev Squad - 4 ML - Landraider w/ Multi Melta

That is a fair bit of target saturation.

The squads inside the transports suck though

Ignore that previous list.

I did some more tinkering with correct point values.  I think this is a balanced dual Landraider list.  It takes advantage of some quirks to the BA codex to make it work.  I also happen to have all of these models painted with the exception of the raven and I am working on that one.

1850 on the dot

Librarian - Divination

Assault Squad (10) - Jump Packs, 2 Melta Guns, Powerfist

Assault Squad (5) - Power Weapon, Melta Gun, Las Plas Razorback, searchlight

Assault Squad (5) - Power Weapon, Melta Gun, Las Plas Razorback, searchlight

Assault Squad (5) - Power Weapon, Melta Gun, Assault Cannon Razorback, searchlight

Dev Squad (5) - 4 ML - Landraider w/ Multi Melta, searchlight

Dev Squad (5) - 4 ML - Landraider Redeemer w/ Multi Melta, searchlight

Stormraven - Multi Melta / Assault Cannon

For the first time in a long time, I'm planning on using a LR again.

But only one, and only in this specific set up.

Land Raider Crusader, Dark Angels Command Squad (Banner of Devastation), Techmarine (Power Field Generator).

This gives me a Land Raider that;

• Shoots 24 Twin Linked Bolter Shots (in addition to its TL Assault Cannon/MM)
  • Has a 4++ Save
  • Can have lost Hull Points (and Immobilised/Weapon destroyed) repairs via the embarked Techmaine

The two bubbles are also projected from its Hull.

This is pricey, and costs 510 points in total.  But it will be a lot of fun.  Until I run into mass Haywire/D weapons. :'(

I've been playing against a guy who runs this setup with his Dark Angels against my C:SM. The banner and 4++ techmarine field are pretty handy but they haven't stopped me from popping his landraider in turn one or two with my pair of vindicators. Granted, I might be getting a bit lucky on the rolls, but I bring a pretty good amount of ranged anti armor capabilities through LC's and Demolisher cannons and it puts a big hole in his force when I finally bring down the raider.

It's a killer unit (the raider w/ banner/force field) against hordes, but look out when you run into a high str, low ap, shooting army.

Looks quite good to me actually. Dual Land Raider lists are hard to pull off at 1500pts though, if you can do that you'll be a legend in your own time.

I don't think that would be too hard!  If I were to drop the Jumpers that would net 235 points right there.  A bit more trimming and 1500 would be doable.

Archived