converting a lions roar

tomsev

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Plasma-Blaster-40k-Forge-World-Games-Workshop-Space-Marine-Cataphractii-/00/s/NDQ0WDg5Nw==/$(KGrHqN,!qsFBeEmyNwTBQmZL0zGy!~~60_35.JPG

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/FW/uk2012/cataxe/catsqd2_7.jpg

Here ya go! Its a one handed weapon, it typically comes off of the Cataphractii Special Weapons sprue but I'm sure you can get it from bits stores.

That Plasma Blaster is awesome. I just bought one for my upcoming Chaplain conversion, I have all the bits I need now. Head, Mace of Redemption, Lion's Roar, etc...

Can't wait.

Paul

it seems we are looking to make the same guy... what are you using for the mace of redemption? i was wondering if the flail from the death knight sarge would do the trick?

and may i ask where you got the plasma blaster from?

Well, the Plasma Blaster is a right hand from the looks of things, and so is the Flail of the Unforgiven haft. My original plan was to use that haft and arm, so I am not sure what I will do at this point. I am down to either a hand swap on the Plasma Blaster, or on the haft.

My current plan is to use the flanged mace from the Chaos Knights sprue, as it has a decent size too it, and looks pretty wicked. The main issue is that I don't like the skull on the top, so that will have to go, and I need to find a nice thick spike to top it with.

I have gotten pretty decent in the kit bashing department, so we will see what happens.

Best,

Paul

Either one isn't bad. Just Xacto knife work. I have gotten pretty good at it. Trick is to slide the knife along the back of the hand, and get under the little wrist guard tab before coming along at the wrist, and then to be careful there. My other Chaplain is a left hand melee weapon, right hand gun, so I may swap to the opposite on this one.

Paul

well to be honest this is only my 2nd army in 40k and is the fist one in which im actually staring conversion work and kit bashing and as im a bit limited bitz wise i cant do all i wish and with the birth of my baby girl 6months ago i really havent been able to get much time in or money out towards the hobby. So im now trying to remotivate myself with a dual wing ravenwing/ deathwing army... not looking to use azrael for the moment im using sammael and belail but im wanting to swap out belail for an interogator chaplain

Archived