Liturgies of Battle.

Shenloanne

I cannot find this ANYWHERE in the new codex that actually explains the rule. But it's in the fluff. IE it states in the Chaplain and interrogator chaplain's "In the midst of battle, a Chaplain is truly in his element, preaching the righteous work of warfare, chanting Liturgies of Battle" which I presume is the rule "liturgies of battle" which according to C:SM is "Liturgies of Battle: On a player turn in which he assaults, a Chaplain and all members of any Squad he has joined can re-roll rolls to hit."

So does this still apply?

Our Chaplains do not have Liturgies of Battle anymore.

They are now Zealots. Which has a similar effect for them and their unit.  The unit gains Fearless and Hatred. (reroll to hit) 

Between the two, the Chaplain is 20 pts cheaper, but for 20 pts you gain a lot with the Int-Chap, +1WS, +1W, +1A, access to Relics and TDA, as well as prefered enemy Chaos.

Honestly, they make Chaplains only a choice if you have 90 pts extra and cannot find a single thing better to spend it on... With all our options, highly unlikely.

I think standard Chaplains will be the Blood Angel Captains of our Codex...

Actually, I think Hatred is better than Liturgies... Is not hatred ANY first round of combat, not just on charge?

Sorry, on business trip no BGB...

Correct, the wording for hatred is "... first round of each combat..."

In the last codex, our Chaplains actually had "Liturgies of Hate" (not battle), but it was the same effect as the C:SM version. At least the special rule still has "hate" in it. tongue.png

Archived