Raven Guard HQ WIP's

AdamR

Having finished my battle company, I'm now adding units from the C:SM codex that I dont have, starting with missing hq choices - Chapter Master, Honour Guard, Bike Captain, and Bike mounted Command Squad.

Sorry about the picture quality, these were taken on my phone...

First up is my chapter master - the Master of Shadows

Master of Shadows

He's made from a few different kits - FW Legion Champion body and pack, mk IV assault weapon arms and Raven Guard upgrade head and pads.

Chapter Champion

Chapter Champion

The Legion Champions sword is so cool I had to use it somewhere! Legs are from FW mk IV tactical marine, the rest of the bits from the Raven Guard upgrade kit. I was debating arming him with a thunder hammer, but relented and opted for relic blade. Thoughts?

Banner Bearer

Chapter Banner Bearer

This guy has the Master of Signal's body that was going spare, along with a sword from the mk IV assault weapons kit. His head, pads and pack come from the Raven Guard upgrade kit, while the banner is from the awesome Ravenwing command squad box, with various Ravenwing bits greenstuffed over and etched brass Raven Guard icons attached.

Honour Guards

Honour Guard

Honour Guard

Honour Guard

These guys all have mk IV tactical legs and assault weapons with the rest of the parts coming from the Raven Guard upgrade kit. There was a bit of greenstuffing required to get the poses I was after, but they all went together very straightforwardly (is that a word?).

Any suggestions before I commence painting this weekend?

I second that - great looking marines with very dynamic poses. I'm a great believer in a feel of movement rather than static models, especially when they're close combat orientated. Lets see some paint on them!

Archived