Units that work with Emperor's Children

Prot

Hey guys,

I'm thinking of reinventing my Chaos army to keep me going... Basically it's between Emperor's Children and Red Corsairs. Emperor's Children is one of the very few Chaos armies I haven't done to at least 1500.

I have two challenges with this. The first one is seeing if I think I can make the colour scheme work throughout the army (marines, odd models, daemon type marines, vehicles, etc.) Right now I have a test model I'm working on, just to see if I can appreciate it enough to work it to completion.

The second challenge is seeing what units viable in an Emperor's Children army that isn't directly related to the army list.

For instance, obviously bikes work.... M.o.S., and a biker lord.  But what less obvious choices really work with MoS?

Things I'm unsure of: Mutilators (MoN typically), Havoks (no real use for them), Terminators?, Raptors?, etc.

There are some things that I suppose I would leave completely unmarked... Oblits, etc. But what units would say have really good synergy in a Slaanesh list?

I know they would be costly, but I could see an assault oriented squad of chosen with MOS and Icon being at least somewhat effective.  Hit first, FNP and loads of attacks...  Something to consider at least.

Also, if you are open to Forge World, A Slaanesh Contemptor Dread could be fun!  AV 13 front, 4 Hull Points (FW 6th Ed Vehicle Update sheet) I5, With Offensive and Defensive Grenades...  

You could focus on Fabius Bile Emperors Children Splinter group, and go for some MOS Enhanced Marines (I5 S5, with FNP if given an icon)

My MoS Raptors work really well. I use them for anti-infantry by just loading them out with flamers and a power weapon. Anything they touch normally dies shy of the super tough things like Terminators. 

Also, don't discount havocs. I run them with Huron with 4 flamers and MoS. Even terminators melt away under the barrage of fire plus assault. 

I look at it this way, EC are very good at killing basic MEQs. Between I5 and the various AP3 weapons, they can make a mess of other marines. The various templates and blasts also give them a fair chance against horde, though they run risk of being even more outnumbered than normal CSMs.

What you lack with EC is:

anti-flyer

anti-tank

A quad gun is almost a no brainer, and works well with some camping Noise Marines.

Assuming you're going to throw a few Rhinos on the table, I would seriously consider the lascannon Predators as my main source of firepower.

Archived