Brother Landrain

One of our percieved weaknesses are our Fliers.

So here was an Idea I had to use allies to gain a few fliers.

Imperial Guard - Yeah I know, not a huge new idea.

But what I was thinking was to add a unit of  Veterans as troop, outfit them with Camo-cloaks, shotguns and some sniper-rifles, and use them as kind of like veteran scouts. Sit thim in cover or on top of a hill somewhere... Give them a Primaris with Divination for rerolling their Sniper Fire.

And the usual, Squadron of (2) Valkries/Vendetta. to provide air cover.

Now this fits in really well with my DIY Chapters backstory, as the chapter is comprised of elements of DA/BA/IG who get throw together due to circumstances and must survive an extremely hostile world enviornment with no outside contact.

I figure I can use scout models with SG/SR as the Veterans, and Paint up the Valk/Vend similar to RW colours.

Thoughts?

Well the fluff aspect of a primaris allies of DA is kinda... Annoying

Personally, I'm thinking about using SM allies to represent the DA forge

HQ : master of the forge

Elite: dread ironclad or vets (count as forge apprentices)

Troops : scouts ( they are 100% similar to DA ones and allow to include Naaman count as Telion)

FA : SM flyers

HS : techmarine cannon

Seems more fluff to me but I don't know your personal fluff of your recruiting world. :/

Here is my DIY Chapter Idea... { I had another thread with more detail, it appears lost in the Board upgrade... :( }

Chapter Name: The Desert Angels
Home world : Saharran V -
Founding: 5th Founding by default.

Colors: Being based on a Desert planet, the majority of the Marine Armour is Desert Sand colour, Shoulder Pad coloring designated assignments and capabilities within the chapter.

Saharran V is a Desert planet that is very High in mining Resources. Except for the main spaceport, virtually all settlements are built underground in mines.
Due to its vital importance as a supply of valuable minerals and ores, Saharran V was extremely well defended by a contingent of Dark Angels (3-4 companies) , Blood Angels (1-2 companies) and Imperial Guard(mostly Armoured forces). All forces were extremely well equipped with the latest equipment.
The Dark Angels built a large fortress Monastary withing a huge mining/settlement complex that included processing and production facilities.

The Chaos Gods however coveted this planet. Their corruption started first in the lower classes of workers and eventually consumed entire settlements and mining complexes. At first these were considered abberations and handled seperately, finally it dawned upon the Marines what was really happening. Not wanting to allow Chaos to thrive, yet unable to leave the planet due to extremely severe Warp Storms, the Marines Retreated to their Fortress Monastary. They inspected and chose the best of the untainted populace. Rigorously examining them for any sign of Chaos Taint. When the Number of Civilian and Marines reached 10,000, they shut the Gates of the Monastary. Sealing the complex completely from the outside world. The Marines then declared the Surface Exterminatus, and Set of Viral bombs in all remaining Settlements.

The Chaos Gods were infuriated at the loss of so much of their effort, in a mighty storm the planet was ripped from normal time-space and set adrift in the Warp. Periodically, the planet would emerge from the warp rift for a period of time, sometimes years. But with no fleet craft capable of warp travel, and no way to contact the imperium, the planet of Saharran V was effectively cut off from all external contact. This occured during the time of the 5th founding.

The chapter is extremely unique as it includes elements of Dark Angels, as well as Blood Angels. The Masters were extremely careful to preserve both sets of gene-seed, and the combined force has become a single unit. Also unique is the 11th company or the Recruit Company. The 11th Company consists of Humans who have joined the fight, this is the remnants of the former Imperial Guard detachments assigned to the planet. The 11th company consists mostly of Armoured and Artillery Companies.

The entire Desert Angel force is mechanized, using Rhinos, Razorbacks, Landraiders, and Thunderhawks. Similarly, the entire 11th Company is also completely mechanized.

While the standard Companies are limited to 100 Marines each, the 11th Company has no limit.

The First Company is a Deathwing Variant, consisting of Veterans in TDA.
The Second Company is a Ravenwing Variant, all mounted on bikes and speeders.
The Third Company is composed of the Blood Angels, and is an Assault Company, mounted in Tanks and Flyers.
The Fourth Company is a Standard Battle Company
The Fifth Company is a Standard Battle Company
The Sixth Company Consists of Tactical Marines
The Seventh Company Consists of Devastator Squads
The Eigth Company Consists of Assault Squads.
The Ninth Company Consists of Heavy Support Tank Squadrons.
The Tenth Company are scouts.
The 11th Company is the Imperial Guard.

The Marines and Guard due to the unique and cramped living arrangements have become fully integrated into regular Civilian Society as it still exists inside the Mountain that contains the fortress Monastary. Civilians as well as Marines hold political office within the community. All however are ruled by the Grand Master Council of Marines. There have even been marriages and unions between Marine and Civillian, although the number of successful births have been very minimal and highly observed and monitored. The community is constantly on the watch for Chaos Taint.

Archived