Stormeagle as a Homer Delivery System

Pbenner

Hi guys,

We have an upcoming mega battle in March, one of our local players always puts these together 3-4 times a year, and I may actually participate in this one.  

Right now, my thoughts are seriously revolving around buying a Stormeagle, and using Belial, Librarian w/Personal Field Generator, and either a Command Squad, or a DWK squad as a teleport homer delivery system...

Imaging, zooming up to 36" across the board, and then deploying anywhere within 6" of the hull with no scatter? Would be pretty awesome.  Not sure if it's $150 awesome, but it might be.  

Anyone have experience with this, or can tell me how/why it won't work?

Best,

Paul

But... why?

SEeagle enters the battle turn 2, if you're lucky, and the homer starts working in turn 3. You won't be even able to use DWA with it. And it costs points, costs $$$. Why not just DWA Belial and his squad turn 1, no scatter due to Belial's rules, and have a working homer for all other non-DWA teams coming turn 2+?

I honestly haven't thought about load out, my only thought was to transport terminators in it and throw a libby with a Field Generator in it to play 4++ Shenanigans.  Deliver a bunch of guys somewhere fun...

It's only AV12, with 4 hull points, so it would be swiss-cheesed pretty quick, but still an awesome model.

Paul

Yea, I would buy one just for a good flyer. Ours are kinda crappy X-X what would the loadout be? I think it's best in a gunship role, maybe with some scouts or something in it to jump out and claim a last turn objective.

It's roll would be exactly like a Storm Raven, an assault ship. You shove it right up to your opponent, unload some nastiness and then use it as a gun ship :)

Another fun one from FW would be the Caestus Assault Ram. It does have better armor (and 5++ on front armor) and can transport 10 models regardless of armor. I just really like the model. 10 points, but only a little more expensive.

Ram attacks (moot against other flyers of course), Magna-Melta (Str 8, AP 1, Heavy 1, 5" Blast, melta) along with a twin-linked single use missile battery best used against infantry or light armor.

I suppose in the end the Storm Eagle is probably best vs. flyers, so it makes up for our lack, and carries terminators.

Archived