15 Speeders?

HsojVvad

I haven't read my DA codex for a week or so. All I can remember is seeing something about having 15 speeders. Is this possible or did I read it wrong? Also if it is possible can anyone else do it?

Also not sure how many points wise is this, would this be viable? All I can think of seeing some awesomeness on how it would look on the battlefield.

So what do you guys think? Yeah I am bored, never saw anything like this, so wanted to see what everyone thinks.

Yeh, maximum you can take is 22. Sammeal on Sableclaw, 6 independent ones from your ravenwing bike Troops, 15 in your three Fast slots.

Although that is A LOT of points and they're still only AV10. Throwing in a darkshroud and losing 5 speeders will make the rest more durable, but even then, its perhaps not a great idea...

Yes it is possible since we can field 5 speeders as a single choice but if you take Sammael or Azrael to make attack squadrons troops then you could add another 6 plus 3 vengeance speeders from the heavy support section. Would take a vast number of points for the army but would look amazing.

With Sammael that is 25 speeders!

I admit, I am very tempted to field a four or five strong squadron with a dark shroud. It's ability to grant stealth and the special rules for squadrons going flat out would make for an awesome firebase. A swarm of four typhoons with a single basic speeder acting as bullet catcher with the dark shroud shadowing them. Just add a divination librarian and you've got sickening amount of firepower that's not quite so easy to take down as it looks.

I am running a Ravenwing list at the moment with a unit of five heavy bolter/typhoons with a Darkshroud giving them stealth. The out put is awesome. A mate has been running triple battlewagon orks and once I pop the battle wagons and they are grouped dropping 10 small blasts and five heavy bolters on them with divination is devastating. Any thing you shoot with the squad has a massive chunk taken out of them.

Having a 4+ cover on them is awesome. What I have also been doing is positioning the first one behind a ruin so that he will have a 3+ or when I can make it so that the facing is covered giving me a 2+. They can be so annoying for opponents.

I couldn't see me taking any more than one squad as I love my dark shrouds.

Archived