New comic Batrep: The Malacant Device

Polythemus

Greetings Dark Angel Fans!

Polythemus here to bring you a new comic batrep! The ancient Malacant device has been found on the planet Axos. What secrets does it hold? The Imperium must know! The Dark Angels strike force has been dispatched, with planetary aid being provided by a Storm Eagle of the 4th company. The evil necron threat has been active in the sector, and their interest in the device is dangerous. Can the Dark Angels get to the Malacant Device first?!

Find out: The Malacant Device

As always comments and criticisms are appreciated!

Very nice batrep!

Like your Belial I too find it difficult to hold back once I think things are going my way

Live and learn :geek:

Very entertaining stuff you prepared Brother.

Enjoyed reading/watching a lot :D

Hey thanks for reading! There were a lot of tactical mistakes in this game, and that was surely one of them. Looking at the game now though, i still had a chance at the end if i had played my last turn differently. I'll do a little analysis later but the reason i charged was that i wanted to avoid getting shot to hell by the warriors and tomb blades. In the end thats what happened anyway!

Ive been reading your reports on the LibrariumOnline and I always like the bubbles. Rarely I dont smile. Waitting for the next battle. BTW poor little Belial has a streak of dying. Hahaha, I guess he has to live up to his name ;)

You noticed that too huh? Yeah i tend to be pretty aggressive with the terminators, maybe a little too aggresive. But i really appreciate your taking the time out to read them! Id really like to get some more games in with the new codex to see if that changes my outcomes. Sadly school is eating all my time these days.

:tu:  LoL i really enjoyed the added subtitles and glad you saw what your mistakes were(that's how we get better :blush: ) Damn Necrons are always a tough lot...3X flyers!

cheers, mithril 

Tell you what the shot that took down my flyer on turn 3 was the only damage he did that whole turn! That was some bad luck! On the other hand i was thinking that my tactics were pretty screwy. I could have won on turn 5 had i broken belial off from the squad an assaulted the warrior blob, with the libby and other two termies assaultin the lone overlord it would have been unlikely that everything would have gone against be the same way. Ah well live and learn!

I am curious though, which batrep style do people prefer, the narrative with graphics or video? I can see a benefit to each, just curious what peeps think.

i prefer the pics with fun bubbles...that way i can scroll back and forth easily to look at troop placement/movement (able to analyse in more detail that way) haven't watched your vid stuff yet .?

cheers Mithril

p.s. If Sun Zu had played 40k im pretty sure one of his quotes would have been 

" The General who rolls bad Dice cannot help but ruin even the best laid out tactics".

Always a fun read, but shame about the defeat. Looking forward to some batreps with the new toys when you get round to it. I prefer the comic style rather than video, as I can read it at work (so long as I keep a lid on the laughing!) ;)

Archived