Next purchases

grumabeth

Hi all I have been torn between gk and ba for a while now but keep drifting back to The unforgiven

I used to run death wing when I played back in th last edition. Now I have started again and want to run a mixed army but have no idea what to get next. I have DV but no real ideas where to go I want a heavy death wing and raven wing presence

What should I field the deathwing command as the knights normal or as a command squad? The only thing that puts me off the battle force is its essentially one raven wing attack squad I'd eater put in some black knights or a vengance

I boils down to what you would like to run in your army. If you want "proper" Ravenwing, then the battleforce is a good starting point, but if you are looking for a general purpose multi-wing force, with elements of all three wings, then 2 Command Squad boxes will cost less than the battleforce and will enable you to run 6 Black Knights. Once upon a time the battleforce was a lot cheaper (I picked up 2 of them at the same time) and much better value. sad.png

Well value has not decreased (dont tell me they reduced the bits!?!?!?) as the prices of the bikes and speeder have increased as well. Simply put for each battleforce you gain a free speeder if you add everything up.

Anyways. The assemblage of the terminator squad should be dependant on what list youve build. If you want pure CC annihilatiion then its deathwing knights. If you want support for the rest of the amry its command squad (the support depends on the banner upg).

Just think of what you need.

Well as you started with the DV box you have:

a good selection of HQ units (Master, Libraian maybe Chaplain too) but they are all power armored

a 10 man tactical plasma squad

a squad of 5 DW terminators

a squadron of 3 Ravenwing bikers

If you want to go for a maybe not too fancy but solid start I would go for the following:

* I would start out by adding a PA command squad and a taxi (rhino, razorback, landraider, drop pod) for them and your hq this way your ICs arent alone anymore (drawback of this option is you will lack a 2nd troop choice as neighter the DW or the RW are troops)

* as 2nd troops choice you could go for some sniper/bolter scouts - I have seen them showing up in some army lists now - there you have some more options now either using them as fire support / some AA if you give them the missle launcher - if you want sniper rifles or bolters depends on your banner choice

* a rhino would be a good addition to your tactical plasma squad to keep up with the rest of your force

* I then would add an attack bike and another biker with special weapon to your Ravenwing squad

that would give you 1-2 hq choices with command section, 2 troop choices, 1 elite and one or 2 fast attack ones

This way you have a working force that can rapidly start going for objectives - position the ravenwing to call in the deathwing squad, keep the command and the tac in the rhinos to gain some ground and then hope for the best

After that you can either add Samael or Belial to put an emphasis on DW or RW - or you can just add Ravenwing forces and Deathwing balanced to attain a nice multiwing army

Thanks for all the advice guys. A friend gave me a devestator squad and some scouts he had that he no longer used. So iv ordered myself a raven wing command squad and a deathwing command squad. I'm going to get myself painting now and start my army in proper yay!!!! I think I'm going to get azriel next and more tactical squads

Archived