Ideas for Dark Angels (Fallen Angels) Apoc Formations

TheForgottenAngel

Hello brothers!

With rumors of a new Apocalypse Book on the horizon I got to thinking what kind of Apocalypse formations could be made that aren't currently represented already. We already have a Deathwing formation and a battle company along with the Masters of the Chapter. What do you think about a Fallen formation consisting of a large group of Fallen Angels. What rules would they have and what wargear would they be limited to? Another idea would be to a dark angels Fortress of Redemption formation consisting of inter linked Fortresses. Anyways I'd love to read your ideas. I'm writing one for The Fallen right now led by Cypher and few other characters of note.

A Ravenwing formation of some sort seems an obvious choice. Capable of Flank March and/or Strategic redeployment or some such. Mabye adding skilled rider to normal Ravenwing bikes. Another formation idea would be an Inner Circle formation - essentially a Dark Angels version of "Masters of the Chapter", but with a "hunt the fallen" flavor. Lastly, given our mediocre flyers, some kind of flyer formation that makes them worthwhile would be welcome. Maybe something along the lines of the Predator Annihilation Squad for Nephilims, or a Dark Talon formation that has some super-mega stasis bombing run or combined super-rift attack.

Archived