LPC - Imperial Guard Killteam

Well, as part of my commitment to the LPC, I have to provide at least two WIP updates. Here's the first.

My pledge is for eight Stormtroopers (Kasrkin models) plus a Scout Sentinel.

This was the state of the Stormtroopers when I decided to join the LPC this year:

This is the current state of the Sentinel (it was 100% still on the sprue when I started the LPC):

And, most interestingly, my test model is probably about 80% painted. Funny story: I actually meant for this to be more of a desert camo pattern, but apparently I picked some pretty dark colours. I'm calling it forest camo now.

Kasrkin - Forest Camo

I am generally happy with it when I view it up close, but my challenge is I'm worried that the forest camo is going to just disappear on the tabletop. I figure if I'm going to the trouble of painting, I want my models to be seen. I've started another test model using a lighter base, but it's not even far enough along to be worth photographing.

And there you have it. Update #1.

That trooper looks very good. Nicely done.

That's one thing about doing camo...do it too well and it will disappear on the tabletop! Do you usually play on woodland-themed tables? If not then you're okay. If yes then perhaps a bright unit-marking, armour-trim or suchlike would help. A red stripe down the helm for example.

Thanks! I really dig your army (and am really jealous of your four weeks of vacation) ;)

Mostly, on the rare occasion I actually play, I play on an urban table so I guess you're right. I imagine that part of my problem is that I'm used to painting space marines in fairly bright colours, and I just need to adjust my perception a bit.

Just having someone confirm that it looks okay makes me more comfortable pushing ahead with the paint scheme as is.

• 4 weeks later...

+++Message starts+++

Fighting is getting severe, casualities are high.

High command is demanding progress reports on the arrival dates for reinforcements....

Do not fail the Emperor......

+++Message ends+++

Lookin' worward to seeing what progress you have made as well ;)

Archived