Hello Brothers,

I have a 2000 point match coming up this weekend and this will be the first time i use the new dark angels 6th edition codex. Against the usual foes i play against i haven't had much luck with the last edition codex i have a strike force put together i would to know if anyone would suggest anything different. Its going to be either ork or chaos space marines that i will be facing.

HQ

Sammael on corvex - 200pts

Troops

Ravenwing Squadron 1 with 5 marines and 2 meltaguns - 154pts

Ravenwing Squadron 2 with 5 marines and 2 meltaguns - 154pts

Tac Squad 1 with 10 marines 1 flamer, 1 missile launcher  including flakk and rhino transport - 205pts

Tac Squad 2 with 10 marines 1 flamer, 1 missile launcher including flakk and rhino transport - 205pts

Tac Squad 3 with 10 marines 1 flamer, 1 missile launcher including flakk and drop pod transport - 205pts

Fast Attack

Ravenwing Black Knights with 6 knights and 1 Ravenwing grenade launcher - 252pts

Land Speeder Squadron with 2 speeders the first with a multi-melta and a typhoon missile launcher and the second with a heavy bolter and an assualt cannon - 165pts

Nephilim Jetfighter with twin link heavy bolter, twin link lascannon and six black sword missiles - 180pts

Heavy Support

Land Speeder Vengeance with the plasma storm battery and an assualt cannon - 160pts

Predator with twin link lascannon and heavy bolter sponsons - 120pts

Total = 2000pts

your black knights are priced as though there are 7 bikes. so is it 6 bikes + 1 bike with launcher?

are the predator weapon options set in stone? I feel autocannon/bolter or autocannon/lascannon are still better ways to run them.

the 2 land speeders seem conflicted. you have the long range typhoon (with a short range multimelta) and a dakka speeder with a 36/24 inch range. feeling like they should be separate squads otherwise you'll waste firepower potential.

other than that, as a starting point for the new book. don't see many problems.

I agree about the speeders, if you are running them as a squadron then its better that they have complimentary weapons as they'll be shooting at the same things..... so 24" multimelta and 24" assault cannon is fine, but sticking that with a 48" Typhoon missile launcher isn't ideal.

252 points is correct for 6 Black Knights. :)

I'm not a fan of the Vengeance. My preference would be to drop that for the Dark Shroud, and use the 80 points saved to increase your bike squads to 6 bikes each, enabling you to buy the speeders as part of the Attack Squadron, which frees up the Fast Attack slot for the Dark Shroud (if you understand me! ;) )

Archived