Successor Chapters Death Company paint scheme

Jsmarriner

Hey folks,

I have been a lurker on here for quite a while and have tried my hand at different chapters and they didnt feel right. I have been putting together a BA successor army and these feel right. So onward and upward.

Anyhow, the question I have is one of opinion. I dont have any Death Company yet but plan on making a 10 squad and one Dread. While driving to work this morning I had the idea of using a enamal paint i used on cars as a kid to give my DC a chrome armor. The fluff in my head is that the newest of the scout marines spend hours in prayer and dedication by polishing the DC armor as a sign of respect and acknowledgement of what is likely to become of them one day. What I would like to hear is if it a decent idea or not. Yeah I know, they are my models and all that and I can do what I want. But some outside advice is always welcome.

Thanks

Jim

In my successor chapter, I run my DC inverse of my usual paint scheme.  Looks good and ties them into the rest of my army well.  We already have a precedent for successors using different schemes in the army book, so I think it's a fine approach and a reasonable justification you're including in your fluff.

Well I bought the DC box, assembled them, primed them grey and went to work. I have to say............. I really do not like it. 

It was such a great idea/image in my head. On the mini it looks like a train wreck. I will keep trying on the test mini but it isnt looking like its going to work. The chrome is just not looking as good as i thought it would.

unfortantly I ran across the same thing when I painted my rhino and predator I kid you not Ultramarine Blue... metallic blue of some sort...back in the day...wayyyyy back

I painted over them a few years later but for some reason I did not like how they turned out either...

Archived