Black Templar Allies

Tiger9gamer

Well, Iron Hands, maybe. msn-wink.gif

Captain Tarnus Vale of the Fire Angels noted that, while similar, the Black Templars and the Carcharodons Astra are as far apart as light and dark.

With the Carcharodons Astra presumably being the light, since they fight with a cold, calculated savagery, whereas the black heretics just run at the enemy and start hacking and slashing. The Carcharodons Astra also know to retreat when the tide of battle turns against them, and to top it all off, they try to adhere to the codex, in so far possible without reliable means of restocking their supplies.

And finally, I got a bit of a grudge against them for getting a codex before we did back in 4th edition.

I'd rather have seen a Codex: Salamanders instead, which also had their own army list for a while back in 3rd (both were in Codex: Armageddon)

Back stabbing? Where? When? Who? Let me wear my T-Shirt

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-XymTJ5Tas9s/TgdS5TM2VVI/AAAAAAAAAOM/6GI0vurHBvA/s1600/prove_it_tshirt-p235665999968993845trlf_400.jpg

:Razes mace of redemption to crush the foul backstaber.

And since I found none, and it seems this one has humour, let me entertain you in the Rock. Come here you wanna be Khorne Berzerker...I have a nice cell waiting for you...

So I'm guessing that the blood angels, minotaurs, carachadons, and Iron hands are all heretics too?

Minotaurs are the lapdogs of the highlords of terra. They are heretics but of different kind.

Blood angels are stoic and though they succumb to the rage they fight it short of. So no.

Catchadons I dont know, they are too lame and I havent read anything about them.

Iron hands are a bit of a nut case not heretics but the eclisiarchy considers them borderline to be. There is a bit of fluff that their ironfathers are too radical to be presented with a rozarius. The hightech thingie giving chaplains their INV saves, so they build their own. Apparently the item is a symbol of unity between the marines and the eclisiarchy. Though any honest to emperor chapter would not give a damn about such things. They are one of those chapters that been first founding are given more leasure than any chapter of subsequent funding...

Now what was the name again? Black something...whistlingW.gif

Catchadons I dont know, they are too lame and I havent read anything about them.

Hm... second type of misspelling... is it so hard to write Carcharodons Astra?

As for them being lame, well, different people, different opinions.

But imo, FW did a good number on them.

I rather like the Carcharodons. Hardly surprising as Jaws is one of my favourite films and I was a massive shark nut when I was young! After reading Forge World's Badab War books I think Tyberos and a troop choice of lightning claw terminators with furious charge (and rage after they win a close combat) would make a nice allied force for a Deathwing army. I've just noticed that Tyberos comes with a teleport homer too.

Firstly, I'd like to say that CC Templars are seriously underrated. I run a 10 man crusader squad with BP/CCW, power axe and meltagun (180 points) regularly and it preforms well enough. However, if you are looking for a CC oriented force a chaplain or the Emperor's Champion is essential, marshals just don't cut it.

Secondly, I would like to point out to certain Dark Angels on this thread that you can call us heretics all you want, just remember who had half their chapter turn to chaos and kills innocent Imperials to cover it up. Also, we get visions from the Emperor. Because he likes us more than the other chapters. 

Hm... second type of misspelling... is it so hard to write Carcharodons Astra?

As for them being lame, well, different people, different opinions.

But imo, FW did a good number on them.

OFC Its my personal opinion. I feel the chapters dominated by animal themes eventually turn out to be too associated with those to the point of it been ridiculous (Space wolves is a good example).

As for the misspelling, I would like to indulge your grammatical auspicies: Just take a look on the keyboard for the lacations of R and T.

Also you get bonus points if you know what Astra actually means without googling it.

So if you want it to be gramatically correct and In a single language not the rif raf of 40k call them Pistrix Spatium msn-wink.gif

At least we do something about our traitors, unlike the rest msn-wink.gif

Also given the right...'incense' eventually even you and I will have 'visions' from the emperor msn-wink.gif

The 'factoid' about him liking you rather than other chapters comes from...? Oh yeah the incense :P

We just tease you as you tease us. Dont take this personally.

We know that you are not real Khorne Berzerkers... yet... Your best regret is that you cannot ever be Ultramarines tongue.png

Archived