Adepticon FAQ's are up

dahlberg66

Just a draft but the biggest one for us is .

The Shroud of Angels special rule means that two Ravenwing Darkshrouds
within 6” of one another give each other Stealth. This Stealth stacks
with the Shrouded the Dark Talons already have. [pg. 49, C:DA]

Link to the post

http://www.adeptuswindycity.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&p=62739#p62739

On first read a bunch of the LoS shooting stuff seemed totally bonkers - that's what I remember. Re-reading.

edits: for example, I don't like the use of Turbo Boost to give yourself a cover save without moving to screen stuff... but it's one of those "wonky byproducts of mechanics" things I guess.

Shooting stuff:

◦Ex 2: A Space Marine Tactical Squad with 4 Boltguns and a Lascannon shoots at a unit of Ork Boys. All 4 Boltgun wielding Marines have range and LoS to the same Ork Boy, but only that Boy. The Lascannon Marine has range and LoS to the entire Ork Boy unit. All Ork Boys can have unsaved wounds allocated to them and be removed as casualties. [pg. 3, W40KRB FAQ]

So positioning/LoS be :cuss, that one Ork around the corner lets the entire unit be hit by the boltguns. What? That makes no sense.

I don't like this either:

•Ex 1: A unit of 10 Grey Hunters with 8 Boltguns and 2 Meltaguns fires at a unit of Chaos Space Marines. The Space Wolves player chooses to resolve the Boltgun wounds first. After armor saves are made for the Boltgun wounds, the closest CSM is beyond the 12” range of either Meltaguner. This CSM model may still have the Meltagun wounds allocated to it and be removed as a casualty if any one of the Boltgun wielding Grey Hunters had range and LoS to it when To Hit rolls were made.

And then it feels completely against how this works while simultaneously not. So that frag missile that bent around the corner and hit the guys behind it actually kills the front line...

Models completely out of LoS of the firing unit can be hit by a blast template and add wounds to the wound pool for the shooting attack. However, models completely out of LoS cannot have unsaved wounds allocated to them, and so cannot be removed as a casualties.

Think this is unnecessarily harsh too: 

•When a drop pod deploys it is treated as suffering an immobilized damage result and removes a hull point.

•If a drop pod deploys into dangerous terrain and fails its DT test, it is treated as an already immobilized vehicle suffering a second immobilized result. It therefore removes two more hull points and is wrecked.

I disagree with almost all the DA stuff, except the TH&SS/Cyclone comment. However, even on that, they left out a comment on whether LC Terminators can be armed with a Cyclone Launcher, so even that is incomplete. The Hurricane Bolters thing I disagree with because I think their rate of fire is more likely controlled than pull of the trigger operated like all the other hand held bolters (seeing as hurricane bolters are all mounted on vehicles). I think that the DWA ruling is wrong because the Alter of War rules for some of the scenarios presented specifically reference times when DWA doesn't affect 50% Reserves, so why would a GW product even mention this if it was always intended not to affect 50% Reserves? That Belial alters a psychic power makes absolutely no sense.

Edit: If you never saw it, here's a quote about what I'm referencing:

So, having taken the plunge last month and purchasing the digital codex rather than the hardcopy, I noticed in and amongst the Warriors of Chaos releases at the weekend, that GW sneaked through 2 40K digital releases: 'Altar of War' minibooks for Dark Angels and Chaos Space Marines. So, I took the plunge and bought the DA one.

snip

...several of the special rules specifically refer to DWA and reserves, using phrases like "in this scenario you may disregard the 50% reserves rule for your Deathwing Assault" ...... so pending an actual FAQ entry, it does look like DWA is still bound by the 50% rule in normal Eternal War missions.

Take that as you will, right or wrong, I just hope that GW gets around to FAQing all of this up soon.

These are all my opinions anyway. This is their house rules, so it's what they want to use, so be it. House rules are house rules, I'll wait for GW's thoughts on their own revisions or use my own. I don't play in tourneys that these house rules would affect anyway, so I didn't really bother with the rest, only really interested in others' thoughts on the DA rules.

Two biggies: First they resolved the silliness of the boltgun supposed issue and that a terminator librarian is a must on belials unit now :

EDIT: Posted the same time as Bryan. I agree with his assessment.

And Khârn Ignores Instant death even from double STR force weapons, because force use strength to instakill...FACEPALM!

Archived