Company Veterans vs Upgrade Sprue

Valkyrion

Ah-yup...

Company Veterans is 1× DA Upgrade Sprue (the weapons&stuff), 1× DA Veterans Sprue (the legs/bodies one) + 1× tactical squad weapon sprue.

Chapter Upgrade set is 2× DA Upgrade Sprue and 2× DA Veterans Sprue.

Ah-yup...

Company Veterans is 1× DA Upgrade Sprue (the weapons&stuff), 1× DA Veterans Sprue (the legs/bodies one) + 1× tactical squad weapon sprue.

If you read the GW description, its says that the chapter upgrade set "contains one Dark Angels Chapter Upgrade Frame".

Thats 1x DA upgrade sprue and 1x DA veteran sprue.

Ah-yup...

I was going by the "sprue shots thread" here on B&C.

If you read the GW description, its says that the chapter upgrade set "contains one Dark Angels Chapter Upgrade Frame".

Thats 1x DA upgrade sprue and 1x DA veteran sprue.

Which one, Brother Immolator? I know that the DA Command Squad had different bits, but that was always different from the DA Veterans box, IIRC that box hasn't changed, and that was different from the Chapter Upgrade Frame, which used to have two full frames (one frame consisted of the weapon and backpack side and the body side) but has now been reduced to a single frame (which has increased in price). I just want to make sure I didn't miss anything (since I was obsessed with Yughio'ing all the DA stuff :D).

Does it still contain the terminator bits? I still remember the two sprue bit. But then again I never baught any upgrade sprues or boxes only seen them unpacked in front of me back then. I have the battle force it allowed you to create 15 marines with the assorted bits and the tac squad bits (2 of each heavy and special weapon) and a command squad sprue plus one or two Ravenwing upgrade sprues. Perhaps you are right I am messing it with the command squad box.

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping this in the hopes someone has the information.  Comparing the upgrade frame picture with the Veterans box on the GW site implies that there's a second, non-chapter upgrade, sprue for the plasma pistols, but pistols aside everything on the Veterans box could come from a single chapter upgrade.  I'm also curious about the Ravenwing upgrade sprue vs the battleforce.  Since I'm starting a Dark Angels army more or less from scratch I'd like to know what my options are before I end up buying something that isn't what I thought it would be.

Having bought the stuff before I can say this. The best bike set bar none is the ravenwing battle force. Even if you didn't want to do ravenwing bikes. It also have effing loads of bits. Don't buy the upgrade sprue for ravenwing get a battle force.

As for the veterans. I can't remember too well I think you get 5 vets plus additional tactical weapons and bits. Whereas you only get 3 vets on the sprue and no ranged weapons (other than bolters). Might be worth just getting the upgrade sprue.

The dark angels command squad was awesome. I totally missed out in that. It had the veterans box and the command squad in 1 therefore 10 marines and all the bits for the price of 5. Explains why it was quickly recalled. Lol

Just looked save yourself £8 and just get the upgrade sprue. There are 5 vets on it.

The Company Vets box comes with one DA upgrade frame (that's both sprues that make up the single frame), plus a special weapons sprue that you get in the Tactical Squad box (has a plasma gun, melta-gun, flamer, Mk8 front torso, helmet with targeter, back banner, missile launcher, and a few other goodies) and five round infantry bases.

The DA Chapter Upgrade frame comes with one DA upgrade frame (the exact same one you get in the Veterans box). That's it.

The Ravenwing accessory pack comes with one single RW upgrade frame. Nothing else.

The Ravenwing battleforce comes with materials to make 6 bikes, one attack bike, a Land Speeder (was the old version, haven't bought a new one yet to see if it has a new LS set), and three RW upgrade frames. That's $110 for what would normally cost about $191.50 if you bought it all separately (I can't find the regular space marine bike squad any more, it's just straight up 15 bucks per bike? Jeesh...).

Excellent, that's exactly the information I was hoping for. Sounds like the Vets aren't such a good deal, but the battle force is quite a savings. Hoping the land speeder isn't the same design that came in the 3rd edition box. It vexed me enough that it's still not fully assembled a decade later...

I've bought both the DA upgrade sprue and the ravenwing upgrade sprue (about £20 for both in the uk). The "veteran" upgrade sprue will get you pretty far but its no where near the black templar upgrade set (which is about £6 more). Like already said its 1x the veteran sprue so you do have the extra 5 guys.

The ravenwing sprue is pretty decent if your doing a few bikes (it only has enough to make 3x "proper" ravenwing bikes with the feathered pieces) what it does contain is alot of extra icons (not just ravenwing but DA general ones) which are great for making your transports and tanks for....DA.

I've still got most of the stuff on both sprue's atm if you wanna ask about any speciifc pieces.

Back in a day, bought both DA upgrade sprue and DA vets.

DA vets = 1 uprade sprue (5 marines) + tac. squad special weapons sprue (sergeant bits, specials and missile).

Chapter upgrade sprue contained 2 upgrade sprues and was a STEAL for that money (around J 10-12 if I recall correctly), you were able to make 10 marines with bolters, power weapons and what-knots.

I guess they reduced a number of sprues to 1 and increased its' price. Nice move, GW :)

Back in a day, bought both DA upgrade sprue and DA vets.

DA vets = 1 uprade sprue (5 marines) + tac. squad special weapons sprue (sergeant bits, specials and missile).

Chapter upgrade sprue contained 2 upgrade sprues and was a STEAL for that money (around J 10-12 if I recall correctly), you were able to make 10 marines with bolters, power weapons and what-knots.

I guess they reduced a number of sprues to 1 and increased its' price. Nice move, GW smile.png

Yeah its one sprue now so its only 5 marines. I still think its pretty good and worth it for doing a tac squad or 2/3. Plenty of little extras too. I would recommend it over using a bitz site for making vanilla marines into DA.

Still 12 quid (uk) too.

I'm running with Bryan's breakdown in post #14.  I haven't bought a Tactical squad for a couple editions now so I'm not sure what the special weapon sprue looks like, but judging by GW's site I'm guessing it comes with the Sergeant bits, missile launcher, flamer, meltagun, and plasmagun. 

Personally, I'm considering getting a battleforce plus another attack bike and land speeder to flesh out two Dark Vengeance bike squads into full squads.  I'll get a box or two of Veterans, mostly for the bits but having extra plasma or melta on hand never hurts, and I'll mix in the robed bodies to make three squads from a pair of DV squads.  After that I hope to have enough bits to make any new vanilla marines suitably Dark and Angelic, though I expect most additions to be the new kits that have enough iconography already.

Archived