Deathwing Venerable Dread on the horizon?

R-code

If this has been covered, forgive me. Searching the terms "deathwing, dreadnought, venerable, plasma" on this forum don't exactly yield a narrow set of results.

I was flipping through my LE Dark Angels codex and noticed there's a new plasma cannon-toting Dreadnought model hiding in the crowd on pages 79, 81, and 88. Does this mean there's a new Venerable Dread on the horizon?

~Mike~

If this has been covered, forgive me. Searching the terms "deathwing, dreadnought, venerable, plasma" on this forum don't exactly yield a narrow set of results.

I was flipping through my LE Dark Angels codex and noticed there's a new plasma cannon-toting Dreadnought model hiding in the crowd on pages 79, 81, and 88. Does this mean there's a new Venerable Dread on the horizon?

~Mike~

It seems the current kit with some small conversion (namely with the addition of DA bitz)...

~Mike~

It seems the current kit with some small conversion (namely with the addition of DA bitz)...

Pretty sure it's been GW policy for a while now to exclude any conversion work from the army books because it can confuse and intimidate new players.

~Mike~

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat860008a&prodId=prod630020a

The current venerable dreadnought kit includes a plasma cannon, so I assume it's that model. In the photo in the codex I can see two additional parts from the upgrade sprues.

~Mike~

Pretty sure it's been GW policy for a while now to exclude any conversion work from the army books because it can confuse and intimidate new players.

~Mike~

It is either a FW kit, or could be the GW Space Marine Venerable Dreadnought. Here you can see the difference between the two.

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm71/pueriexdeus/PlasmaDreads_zpsec0a459f.png

Archived