StormEagle stuff

Tiger9gamer

1 is a HUGE target... with 2 almost guarantees you get on target.

Although, being a flyer, they have a little more survivability than Land Raiders even with a lower AV.

Although, a Storm Eagle and a Caestus Assault Ram, make a good duo, and both can hold 10 Terminators.

Allows you to mix up your models some. Plus I love the Magna-Melta :)

Gorram'it Cactus, that was hi-larious. I'm just lucky i finished my drink. 

But here's another +1 for the contemptor. for 225 pts you can have an av 13/12/10 dreadnough with a 5++ invuln against shooting 6++ against CC with a Kheres pattern ass cannon (heavy 6) cyclone missile launcher and storm bolter powerfist. It's also hella gorgeous on the tabeltop... so basically it's the best thing you can get right now. yea it's a bit expensive (money and points) but I think it's worth it. 

Angelveto i think your math is a bit off with regard to the mort contempt pricing. If you take a single kheres it will be a reduced price cause 2 bring you to 180. Plus i dont think you get skyfire if you dont take a mortis pattern for the dreadnaught. Taking the mortis kheres with the cml brings you to 215.

You can only fire one ordinance weapon a turn; and snap shot other weapons. Ordinance can't snap fire, so one rocket, one POMS, and the rest is snap firing.

Making the rockets ordinance made them practically useless.

That'd be annoying...if hellstrike were better than the Godhammers in the first place. 

No.

And while you will swear by the storm eagle when playing with it; while assembling it you will be swearing at it!

I have another 2-3 weeks to wait for replacement parts. I got an extra bulkhead, no struts, and one fuselage was paper thin.

You can only fire one ordinance weapon a turn; and snap shot other weapons. Ordinance can't snap fire, so one rocket, one POMS, and the rest is snap firing.

Go reread pg 51. It is only NON-VEHICLES that are effected in this way with regard to firing ordinance. Happy hunting.

I have a single Storm Eagle on the way.  I want to play around with it before I commit to multiples.  I think the model is really bad-ass, but I don't want to sink 3x the money to find it's something that I don't really play at all.  

Equipping it is the part that worries me.  But we'll see what happens.

Best,

Paul

No.

And while you will swear by the storm eagle when playing with it; while assembling it you will be swearing at it!

I have another 2-3 weeks to wait for replacement parts. I got an extra bulkhead, no struts, and one fuselage was paper thin.

Go reread pg 51. It is only NON-VEHICLES that are effected in this way with regard to firing ordinance. Happy hunting.

Go re-read pg. 71.  A vehicle that fires an ordnance weapon can only make snap shots with its other weapons.

No.

Go re-read pg. 71.  A vehicle that fires an ordnance weapon can only make snap shots with its other weapons.

Fair enough, however we are taking about flyers here which can fire up to four weaps at full ballistic skill. I see where your coming from. But as a flyer is a special kind of vehicle, with its own rules for shooting, it would seem the flyer rule overrules the the ordinance rule.

I will allow that this is not something i have explored fully though.

I was kicking around the idea of building a Storm Eagle using a Storm Raven, a Storm Raven extension kit from Chapterhouse (http://chapterhousestudios.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=85_78&product_id=200), and maybe some Valkyrie bits I have lying around.

But, what I'm undecided on is paint scheme to match fluff.  Should it be DA green, DW beige, or RW black?  Fluff-wise, which branch of the chapter would have them?

@ Tiberius

While standard fluff dictates that all ships belong to the fleet, so they would be DA green, the Nephilim/Dark Talon is Ravenwing, so I don't see it being beyond reason that all our combat planes are Ravenwing, but in the end it fals to your preference. If you think it looks cool then it doesn't matter much what other people think.

@polythemus

Without breaking the forum rules and listing the individual point costs, I'm rather certain of the cost, I'm looking at it in hand right now, 220 is right for a Contemptor Mortis with TLLC and Cyclone missile Laucnher.  I think you are thinking of two KPAC which would be 215, But Tiger9 was asking about Lascannons and missiles. 

@polythemus

Without breaking the forum rules and listing the individual point costs, I'm rather certain of the cost, I'm looking at it in hand right now, 220 is right for a Contemptor Mortis with TLLC and Cyclone missile Laucnher.  I think you are thinking of two KPAC which would be 215, But Tiger9 was asking about Lascannons and missiles. 

Cheers angel. Obviously wasnt paying close enough attention, probably wont be the last time either.

Archived