Pre Heresy Contemptor Dread Idea

So Forgeworld has revealed the emperors children Contemptor Dreadnought:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/EMPERORS_CHILDREN_LEGION_CONTEMPTOR_DREADNOUGHT.html

Now as soon as i saw that, i thought - "that will look awsome in Pre heresy DA colours!".

With a few modifications, like changing the III marks into I, and adding some more DA symbols - i think that would look very dark anglish.

Since most of the EC marks really just is a Aquila or Aquila + lightning bolts, with only the side symbols being EC. Those could be changed into more Ravenwing ish marking with some nifty greenstuff applications..

So what do people think? Would it work?

well, if you are looking to do a pre-heresy first legion, the aquila would have to go as well. I'd say just wait for a bit, I'm sure they will provide model support for those loyal to the Emperor soon enough. I know the next book is going to cover the loyalist side of the Istvaan campaign. after that it would only make sense to branch out as two of the biggest sellers (SW and BA) werent at istvaan, and the new popularity of the DA will only help us get some of the glory that is forgeworld models soon enough. 

Individual marines were recognized by being allowed to wear the aquila. The Emperor's Children were just the only legion where all of them were allowed to wear it. The aquila doesn't necessarily have to go. You just have to come up with a good story for why your dreadnought is wearing it.msn-wink.gif

Individual marines were recognized by being allowed to wear the aquila. The Emperor's Children were just the only legion where all of them were allowed to wear it. The aquila doesn't necessarily have to go. You just have to come up with a good story for why your dreadnought is wearing it.msn-wink.gif

Thats the easier part of the project :)

Archived