The start of a new sucessor chapter, Pics inside.

orbion

Greetings brothers so i've been collecting models awaiting the drop of the new codex since Dark vengeance dropped. Finally got around to building / painting some stuff due to real life stuff. First the succesor name i decided to go with was "Angels of Lament" to keep in the theme with dark angels and the fact that they have stuff they are not too happy about. The pics posted are of my belial conversion using mostly bits from the new knights box and a pair of old legs i had lying about.

Let me know what you guys think about the name and scheme etc. Thanks in advance.

p.s. I will post some pics of converted ravenwing bikes to knights when they are closer to completion and if you browse my albums on imgur you can see my Sammael conversion as well.

http://imgur.com/a/fQW6B

I'm going to make a back story for them in the near future but i'd like to finish reading the last novel im on as well as get some time inbetween painting/building/work/GF hahaha. So needless to say lots on my plate but i will be updating this thread hopefully every week with some progress of either story or modelling. 

Also thanks for the kind words.

Hey guys quick post before the start of work and hoping to get some work done on these guys tonight/tomorrow as it's my day off. So far they are base coated and waiting details before a quick wash. And incase you are wondering the 5'th termie is off to the side he was a test model for the scheme :D.

http://imgur.com/a/UhByN

I think im going to stick with the name as lament can be either a verb or a noun so it's still grammatically correct. But thanks for the imput  :).

NOUN: A passionate expression of greif.

VERB: Mourn ( a person's loss or death)

Synonyms: lamentation -wail - plaint - mourning - moan -  elegy  etc.......

See, I thought you were using it in the sense of the verb. Are you? Or are you using it as a noun?

For noun, I think Lamentation would be less confusing and fit better with other DA names (which tend to be weighty and polysyllabic). As you say, lament can mean either. And Angels of Lament-the-verb doesn't make sense.

For verb, I think you're going to confuse people (since most DA successors use nouns) and I'd recommend Lamenting Angels.

Anyway. I'll leave you in peace now. tongue.png

Archived