Looking for some advice on army expansion

UltraBlood

I need some advice on what would be the best to get for my army going forward. I play Blood Angels when I am the sole commander in the game. I often though team up with my son who plays Ultramarines and we form the UltraBlood chapter. I do have the ability to pull from his army when we do this but I"m looking to get a more comlete army to stand on my own while if possible bolster his army capabilities when we team up. I would appreciate any advice that is given. I am looking at spending hopefully around $250.

Troops
3-10 man Assault squads (3 melta's, 2 flamers, 2 fists, a couple with plasma pistos)
2-10 man tactical squads (All bolters)
20 Death Company of various configurations

Rhino

Heavy:
1 Box of devastators (I have magnetized them at the waist. I built up all weapons thanks to extra bits)
1 Stormraven
1 Landraider Crusader but plans to magnetize for a Redeemer as well

Elites:
2 Sanguinary Priests
1 Furioso Dreadnought
1 Furioso Librarian
5 Assault terminators (2 TH/SS and 3 LC)
5 Sanguinary Guard (3 with swords and 2 axes)

Fast Attack:</p>
2 assault bikes (one melta and one heavy bolter)
1 Landspeeder (Assault cannon and heavy bolter)
1-3 man bike squad (all with just the bolters on the bike)

HQ:
Dante
Astrorath</p>

My first thought is to get Mephiston, 2 librarians, devastators and 2 or 3 Baal predators but I don’t know what else to get. I don’t know if it would benefit me to get some more mech or some more of the elite units.

I think the devs and mephy would make an excellent start, I'm also a strong proponent of the fragioso in a pod (i don't think having a pod lying around would hurt).  If you want to go hybrid then baals or vindies would do you well.  Very strong core you have built up there.

Thanks for the advice on a drop pod. I had not thought of that since I do have one I can borrow from my son's army but having a nice red one would be better. 

If I didn't go mixed meaning no armor what do you think would be the best to pickup? I was thinking if i stay troops only maybe go with some more SG or get more terminators?

The problem with terminators is that you're almost always going to want to stick them in a LR or raven (assault termies)... so mech and the raven can be iffy.  Deepstriking them can be unreliable without a teleport homer/locator... That being said, I have built and am waiting to use a termie squad with priest in TDA, but because of my competitive streak am finding it difficult to field... They don't play to BA's biggest strength, which is why I usually leave them out of lists as they are too cumbersome and can't keep up with my fast forward strategy.  I always used them, both types, when I played codex marines and they won me many games.

You have dante and one squad of SG already so I'd go that route and make dantewing, you already have most of the support units you'd need (maybe another dev squad would help, I field units in 2s for saturation) for that build, so it would be a fairly cheap expansion (ebay SG $25 with free shipping!!).  There are some excellent dantewing threads on here from the last few months that I'd recommend browsing before committing to purchases and make sure that's what you want.  My earlier post was just trying to reaffirm the route you were taking and it seems that you have had a very good start. 

I played vanilla before so I have a bias in that I favor units with a play style that differs from C:SM.  I like fast units and will only reluctantly play a static strategy against certain armies that are a rock to my scissors (necrons make my hybrid list obsolete, etc.). 

Archived