Successors for fluffier Allies?

GlauG

I've been pondering this for a while, but the addition of the Stormraven to Vanilla Marines clinched this idea for me; Has anyone here used divergent Unforgiven successor chapters to represent Blood Angels, Vanilla Marines, Templars or even (gasp) Space Puppies?  I keep toying with a Templars-rules Successor chapter called the "Knights of Caliban" or similar, an idea which has only gained ground with the addition of the SR to the Templars arsenal. 

Of course, to me, the Astral Claws are DA Successors that no-one ever wants to talk about, between the stubborn demeanour, love of heavy firepower, lions, and slight tendency towards heresy. >_>  For a Vanilla 'dex Successor I love the idea of an Astral Claws Successor that has returned to the Unforgiven fold, and has to deal with double the shame...

Bryan: The Tiger Claws weren't forced to join the Astral Claws, but their surviving company or so was hidden within the Astral Claws' growing numbers.  And yes, those lion-head shoulders are part of why I like the idea so much!  The Badab War FW books list that the Astral Claws created more than one successor, but that IIRC only the Tiger Claws are named. 

WatchCaptainAzrael: That's one of the possibilities, yeah... I hadn't thought about them having the worst of both "parents" though! 

Do we have a policy on Unforgiven Successors who don't use the DA Codex?  Would we write/post their fluff here...?

Archived