Scouts vs Tacticals under the SoD

Brother Landrain

Ok, so I am planning upon using a Fortress of Redemption with my DA Army.

I plan on having a Command Squad with SoD inside the Walkway which would give both bunkers as well as the battlements all the SALVO power. 

While on the Battlements a Unit gets a 4+ cover save.

A unit of (10) Scouts with cammo cloaks is just a little bit cheaper than a full (10) bare bones tactical squad. 

The scouts would get 3+ coversave, as well as being able to occupy a part of the Fortress if I need to place it partly beyond my deployment zone by infiltrating. but have a BS of 3 vs 4...

Normally I run 2 Full Tacticals, do you think it would it be worthwhile to replace a Tactical squad with a Cammo Scout Squad?

With that amount of firepower, I wouldn't be concerned about return fire. Anyway, it'll probably be directed at your command squad first.

With the command squad inside the building they cannot even be targeted...

While they can fire 20 bolter shots a round out thru the fire points.

The firebas will have ~100 bolter shots a round out to 24"

In order to get to the Command Squad the enemy needs to destroy the building first with its AV14 and 4++ PF save smile.png

The whole idea is to shoot alot. Lowering the BS is not optimal in this case.

Scouts with +1 cover is good for objective holding. and I dont know if your Fortress will have any objectives.

Ideally you get to place at least one of the objectives, and the FoR is large enough to have 2 objectives withing an 1" of it

With that amount of firepower, I wouldn't be concerned about return fire. Anyway, it'll probably be directed at your command squad first.

With the command squad inside the building they cannot even be targeted...

While they can fire 20 bolter shots a round out thru the fire points.

The firebas will have ~100 bolter shots a round out to 24"

In order to get to the Command Squad the enemy needs to destroy the building first with its AV14 and 4++ PF save smile.png

>The whole idea is to shoot alot. Lowering the BS is not optimal in this case.

Scouts with +1 cover is good for objective holding. and I dont know if your Fortress will have any objectives.

Ideally you get to place at least one of the objectives, and the FoR is large enough to have 2 objectives withing an 1" of it

A bunker will not dissuade me from picking the command squad as my first priority target. If I ever play against the Dakka Pole myself, it WILL be the first thing of my opponents to die. I don't even care if it's in a Land Raider! It's simply too over powered to be allowed to survive.

Also don't forget that if you buy FoR for your fortification it must be placed in your deployment zone so putting it outside and infiltrating the scouts in as per the first post wouldn't be possible.

Actually, BGB pg 120. it says the Fortification is placed within the players HALF of the table.

Which is not the same as the players deployment zone.

This is shown on pg. 119.

Please remember though, the tactical squads only get the benefit of the standard if they are NOT in a bunker themselves. GW ruled in the FAQ's that you cannot affect squads not on the table.

Can you please cite the FAQ and page for this, thanks.
My apologies, Landrain, the FAQ question was specifically about psychic powers and therefore does not apply to the banners ability.

Archived