The New Dark Angels Codex: An Editorial

PensacolaWarhammer

Yes of course but this flexibility doesn't mean that our codex should allow us to make any squad of the codex counting as troops.

We could also argue that since we had the Ironwing before we could also have a character that make all our tanks counting as troops too 0_o

I guess my displeasure stems from the fact that once again Unforgiven successors have been left out in the cold.

That's why I made the suggestion of more characters. At least acknowledge the other chapters exsit and do actually have some differences.

I am really surprised by that also. There seemed to be an idea of adding secondary characters lately with some of the last codex's but then this one just droppped the ball. The successor info is pretty much cut and paste from last codex.

@Stobz

I agree that the dex is mostly good, and I've enjoyed the games I've played. As a matter of fact, I played a pure Deathwing army yesterday. I made the personal decision to saycensored.gif GW I'll play what I want by not Deep Striking everyone of my terminators and by putting Baliel in a Landraider.

My editorials are just suggestions on how I would have done the codex, and to make things a bit more flavorful.

@Brother Landrain

I loved the idea of secondary characters or characters that are a part of a unit upgrade.

++ Post edited. Please use the censored.gif emoticon to vent your spleen. Any attempt whatever to dodge the swear filter results in a warning. I ++

i Agree, at least some sucessors would be good :/ but, we can always borrow some from other sources.

I know it's a cop out, but i have, my eye on a star phantoms captain that can buff A set of hyperios launchers...

hello AP2 damage chart rolls :D

Brother Landrain, you got it wrong. There are many instances within our codex that describe the DA following their combat rites to the letter. That means that every marine is where has been order to be and will preform what has been ordered to preform no matter what. The company vets are an exception to this, they are removed from their individual squads (quite possibly replaced) and are formed into add hoc formations, specifically to deal with threats to the plan.

Nobody said that the DAs are UMs.

Arent the Start phantoms codex adherent (except their extra devs) and of unknown founding chapter/legion like the Blood magpies?

Brother Landrain, you got it wrong. There are many instances within our codex that describe the DA following their combat rites to the letter. That means that every marine is where has been order to be and will preform what has been ordered to preform no matter what. The company vets are an exception to this, they are removed from their individual squads (quite possibly replaced) and are formed into add hoc formations, specifically to deal with threats to the plan.

Nobody said that the DAs are UMs.

Arent the Start phantoms codex adherent (except their extra devs) and of unknown founding chapter/legion like the Blood magpies?

You didnt understand what I meant...

yes a Dark Angel follows his orders to the letter, no matter what.

BUT, a Dark Angel commander is smart enough tactically and strategically to know, that it is better to take a small group of veterans, gear them up with power weapons for a specific mission, rather than send an assault squad against enemy units that they will have a hard time dealing with with just BP/CCW.

Its a matter of using the right tool for the job.

More or less we are saying the same thing with different words, the only 'mistake' if you can call it such, is that with your example you mix  40k rules with crunch :)

In reality If an assault squad needed power weapons the commander would provide them, he wouldnt need a new formation just to deploy power weapons. But thats another story for another time.

Archived