Baal Predator Kit Questions

Meatcaber

Hello,

I am thinking of buying a BP and trying to get 2 tanks from the one kit as I still have a spare Rhino from when I bought the BA battalion box.

Am thinking about making one with TLAC with HB sponsons and the other with all the flame options.

I'm fairly certain all Predator variants are expanded Rhino's so they should be compatible with each other. Are they?

Also, I would assume that there would be only one turret mount and one set of sponson mounts, thus making only the weapon load-outs interchangeable, Is that the case? If it is then I wouldn't mind buying these mounts from Ebay, already had a look and seen a few for sale.

Just wanted to clarify what was in the box before I bought one.

Cheers!

MC

If I remember correctly, you get the full rhino kit, but not the standard predator turret and sponsons in the Baal kit. It comes with a sprue containing all the blood angelly bits instead.

Edit: the blood angel spruce replaces the standard turret & sponsons sprue. Realised how badly my first explanation reads

Thanks for the quick replies!

They've left more questions that answers, unless I'm being dense...

What exactly do you get on the 'Baal sprue'? Enough to make all the weapon options or just enough to make one tanks worth of weapons? 

My guess would be you'd only get one set of mounts but all the weapon options would be included. 

Enough to make one set of weapons, depending on which set you choose.

It comes with roof, side sponson mounts, turret, ammo box (for assault cannon turret) or fuel tanks (for flamer turret)

So you will have to buy at least another turret, another roof and another set of side sponson mounts.

If you cut away the small piece of plastic that sits in front of the shell exhaust for the assault cannon, you can slide the two different weapons in and out.

Look at the picture below and it might be easier to understand which one it is. I magnetized mine, but the friction is enough to keep the flamestorm/assault cannon in place.

http://www.users.on.net/madbomber/bloodangels/P110417010.jpg

This had crossed my mind awhile back as well.  I had 3 rhinos, and I wanted to turn one of them into a Baal pred, so I just bought the necessary stuff off ebay.
The kits are the same, so everything still works.  

You should just need the turret and weapon mount, sponson sides, and gunner w/ storm bolter (if you want).  Everything else should still be there for the flame storm option.  I thought the rhino kit comes with the roof with a turret mount option?  I always seem to have so many in my bits box.  

There is a guy on ebay, can't remember his name, but he sells some custom assault cannons on a turret mount that work with the rhino kit as well for an AC razorback.  I picked one up a few months ago, looks cooler than the forge world one in my opinion.

Just be careful with where you're buying your items from on ebay, and always really look at what is being sold.

Archived