There is something wrong.

Diavlo

Ok guys, I have read Dark Angels part of Death from the skies.

We can have an ACE that we can buy, he can have 3 different special abilities.

One of them is 12" bubble that grants us deepstrike without scatter.

So its completely useless for terminators. You can at most deepstrike Landspeeders.

Maybe GW understand rules different than most of players.

I get it this way:

Flyers come from reserve and terminators deepstrike in 1st or second turn.

Even if my flyer come at second turn its already too late because terminators deepstrike at the beginning of second turn so they can't use its homing device.

No really.

See above. Deathwing terminators are allowed to be placed in general reserve as well as DWA

Like I said, when you place them in general reserve:

1. you loose what is good and specific for DW

2. you may still roll to deepstrike them at second turn which still make that homer useless

3. you may roll on turn 3, but then Nephilim is either dead or already out of the table.

It couldn't be more random.

I thought that you get to choose what order reserves come in, as things that happen at the start of the turn occur simultaneously?

Teleport homers need to be on the table at the start of the turn to use them.

I thought that you get to choose what order reserves come in, as things that happen at the start of the turn occur simultaneously?

Teleport homers need to be on the table at the start of the turn to use them.

I think that GW forgot about that when they have made Death from the skies, or we assume incorrectly that Nephilims Teleport Beacon works the same way as Locator Beacon or Teleport Homer. Because in DFTS there is no mention about "For this to work, the bearer of the teleport homer/locator must have been on the board at the start of the turn.

That's because it's specified elsewhere with the Teleport Homer/Locator Beacon stuff, BGB under Deep Strike, or FAQ'd somewhere.

Yup, but Flier have Teleport Beacon, not Teleport Homer, nor the Locator Beacon.

Its new thing and it's not mentioned in codex so maybe it's not so bad as I have assumed and we can put Nephilim and then use his Teleport Beacon to DS terminators as both things - Reserves and DWA happens on the beginning of the turn.

3. you may roll on turn 3, but then Nephilim is either dead or already out of the table.

If it is dead, you have done something wrong like come on in the front arc of the dragons.  And if it is off the table you missed where it can turn 90 degrees at the start of its turn...  18" to 36" and up to 90 degree turns means I can keep it on the table as long as I want.

I have just sent FAQ team a question, if we can DS Terminators with DWA on turn 2 guided by Teleport Beacon.

Because now I think we can do it. Because Teleport Beacon dont have rule that it needs to be on the board at the start of the turn

We can't do it with Teleport Homer pg 64 codex.

We can't do it with Locator Beacon pg 65 codex.

We can do it with Teleport Beacon DFTS

I'd like to make a couple of points on this matter based on what has been said. Please bear in mind that I have not read the book 'Death from the Skies' so do not know the exact wording of all the things contained within the book. However I think people are jumping up and down over this a little quickly.

Firstly in addition to speeders we also have the often overlooked assault squad which can deep strike as well. If you are taking larger units then not scattering is a pretty useful and fliers can easy cover the table to be in the right place. (Not to mention a 12" zone from the model is a pretty big area.) You can still choose to have Deathwing deep strike normally and there might be a more useable and sneaky trick possible but I will look up the rules properly for that.

Now I'll be honest, I think abilities like these are generally useless when applied to units that arrive from reserve since you need them to turn up first and still have important units left to arrive for later turns. This is rather different when playing specific scenarios, apocalypse and planet strike missions where reserves work differently and rules like this can be sometimes quite good. However for normal games I generally feel these types of abilities are both gimmicky and superfluous. With this in mind I can still see why we would have this ability written in although it is not a great reason it is still a large step up from most of the other things out there with similar rules on units that arrive from reserve. That is our warlord trait table specifically has a rule that grants us a measure of control over our reserves, not a massive amount but a degree and a significantly useful one at that. Now if you take Azrael you can guarantee to have this trait. Plus or minus 1 to reserve rolls should ensure something you held back will come in after our 'Ace' turns up (and that the flier turns up first!).

OP said that there were three abilities and that's one? What are the other two? This one doesn't seem that useful but before we write off this book it would be good to know what the other two are and if they're random or not.

I don't have it now, but if I remember correctly there was also coming from any board edge and reroll ones.

Archived