My Belial WIP....help needed!

marvmoogy

Hi All, 

Long time lurker here.  I thought it's about time I posted as I've got a lot of inspiration from this forum.

I got back into the 40k hobby last year and, after starting a Grey Knights Army, I found the new boxed set and returned to a childhood dream of making a while company of Dark Angels! :)  The Grey Knights have been reduced to a nice little allied detachment,,,,

Anyway, as I'm sure you all know, plans 'evolve' over time and the 3rd Company I'm currently building will be supported by about 3000 points worth of Ravenwing and the same of Deathwing. Which leads me to Belial....

When the new model was released, I wasn't impressed.  So, after I bought the Deathwing box, I decided to build my own!  As Belial has

3 options, I thought I'd go for all three.  I've magnetised the arms for the storm bolter, thunder hammer and the claws! 
I’ve got some pics, but can’t for the life of me figure out how to post pics on this forum
L

I’m going to add the cloak on to the back but with an addition.  My thinking is that, there is no way someone like Belial would travel to  battle without his special super-sword!  So, above the cloak, I’m going to drill in another magnet and attach the Lion Sword

from the Cypher miniature!  When I play him with a storm bolter and the sword, I’ll swap the sword out for a storm
shield.....He-Man stylee!  So, the help I need is......

I need a right-handed sword for my Belial.  What sword would you use?  I want something pretty ornate and imposing and, ideally that fits in with the Dark Angels fluff!

Cheers, 

marvmoogy

I need a right-handed sword for my Belial.  What sword would you use?  I want something pretty ornate and imposing and, ideally that fits in with the Dark Angels fluff!

The bits from the Grey Knights Terminators box come to mind. They have several variations of powerswords for TDA available. For ornate you might have to end up just customising a plain powersword.

Hey there, for my belial I used the empire generals sword, it's pretty huge and then I just popped a few DA icons on the hilt to cover up the sigmar ( think that's right, I don't do fantasy battle), symbols. If that's no help just go onto the various bits sites and search for sword, have a browse through all the swords that gw do make. But I totally agree with max, there are plenty of 3rd party parts companies that do great bits, max mini, kromlech, puppets war to name a few.

I’ve got some pics, but can’t for the life of me figure out how to post pics on this forum L

You upload the pics to a host site (Like photobucket, flickr etc.) and then you copy paste the direct link to your post. If you press the small button of an image in the WYSIWYG editor (The toolbar at the top of the posting area) you'll get a menu to copy paste the link into, and they proper code tag is added. Alternatively you can do it manually by copy pasting the link between these tags (without the *'s) [img*] link goes here [/img*]

Hope that can help smile.png

Hi All, 

Thanks for the advice!  Really like Wraithwing's look of Belial - really similar to mine actually (well, same body and legs lol)!

Will be sure to check out the other companies you guys mentioned too.  

I won't have time for pics tonight, but will try to upload tomorrow.

Cheers, 

Moogy

HI All, 

Sorry it's taken a little while to get this together.  Here's where I'm up to:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/marvmoogymodels/8524944597/in/photostream

I've magnetized both the arms, and put another in the rear left vent as you look at the miniature.  I've found a Cypher model on Ebay and removed the Lion Sword, drilled a hole and magnetized this.  To me, Belial wouldn't leave his Sword of Silence behind if in a battle, even if he takes a TH&SS or LCs.  So, if he's armed with either of these, he has his sword.  If I play him with the Storm Bolter and SoS, then I've drilled a magnet into a Storm Shield for him to take that instead!

When I get the rest of the bits in, I'll post some pics with all arm variations etc

thanks, Chaplain.

I was thinking the same thing to be honest, but then though that in the far future, they'd probably have better ways of carrying things round with them than strapping it on.  I will defo have a look into it though, as I was thinking the same for the shield too.

Cheers!

Archived