New Unforgiven User. Frequent SMPainter Abuser.

Hello B&C members,

I have been coming to B&C for the painters (I love those things so much) and list ideas since 2008 when I first got introduced to 40K. Recently, I've been wanting to get more involved, so I decided to create an account on here (finally!).

A little bit about me, I am an amateur player. I'm not really in the game for winning tourneys, mostly I just love the fluff. My current project is rounding out and painting up my Unforgiven chapter. For a while I had toyed with a homegrown Unforgiven chapter, but felt discouraged by the fact that they're not really 'canon.' Now I'm trying to decide between Guardians of the Covenant and Consecrators, leaning heavily towards the former. Also, my local store is putting on a kill-team event soon, and I hope to have some of my marines ready to go for that fast-approaching event. My favorite HQ-type is the Chaplain (probably obvious from my name). I'm interested in starting some pre-heresy and chaos marine forces. My main opponents right now are Space Wolves and Tau.

Alternatively, part of the reason I am hear will be to learn about other wargamers. I am working on an assignment in college to investigate a subculture and my topic is tabletop miniatures wargames. I hope to hear about how you all got into the hobby, other games you play, other resources with a broader scope than just marines, and other things of the sort. I will be posting a more in-depth topic about this soon (as soon as I find the appropriate place on the forum).

That aside, I really look forward to getting more involved in the Astartes community. May your armor saves be effective, and may your plasma not overheat. For the Lion and the Immortal Emperor!

Hail and welcome to B&C, brother! Feel free to ask any questions you may have. If you want to see some good Consecrators, btw, check out Captain Semper's own thread (click that tiny link in his sig). :)

Archived