What should I buy next?

Tiger9gamer

Alright, thinking about what I need now in my army, and narrowed it down to some choices. I would have added a poll but found ther is none >.< so far my choices are:

1. ForgeWorld bundle of joy!- I want to grab a contemptor dreadnaught, x2 assault cannons, x2 lascannons, CML, IA: Imperial Armour Aeronautica, and maybe a scimitar jetbike for Sammuel. 158$ (before shipping)
  2. Another DW command box!- I can use this to make A beliel and at least 2 more DWK. 60$ at my local GW.
  3. Ravenwing!- regular sammuel, a box of 3 bikes, and a new full support squad box-303$ 

Which one? I'm currently leaning towards the FW, but still, more DW is tempting...

How goods your painting? ...if your new to painting or its just plain crappy whistlingW.gif then you may be better off buying the DW and practicing/improving your paint skills, you wouldn't want to spend a heap of money on forgeworld only to paint it like a 5 yr old(some people prob do) i couldn't imagine anyone sane doing that...

but if your paint skilled then by all means get the FW !!

Mithril

I'd go Forgeworld, but as nice as the contemptor is.. the DA Dread looks amazing!

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/AlternativeFW/xlarge/DADread1.jpg

This is mine..

http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z389/typher/Gabriel%20Typheran/A1_zpse6280c4c.jpg

or at least it was until I finished it... it looks even cooler now.

How goods your painting? ...if your new to painting or its just plain crappy whistlingW.gif then you may be better off buying the DW and practicing/improving your paint skills, you wouldn't want to spend a heap of money on forgeworld only to paint it like a 5 yr old(some people prob do) i couldn't imagine anyone sane doing that...

Mithril

Well, I don't have to paint it right away :P I'll practise on my knights, so i'll get better soon (I hope >.<)

And cool, everyone is saying forgeworld :D

Mithril

Well, I don't have to paint it right away tongue.png I'll practise on my knights, so i'll get better soon (I hope >.<)

And cool, everyone is saying forgeworld biggrin.png

if forgeworld is an option do you expect people to not say forgeworld :P

well, FW isn't a problem where I am... and don't turn it into one of those threads >.> please.

Anyways, I don't want a theme cause I play a successor chapter, so it's probably going to be gunmetal and bronze in most places to fit the rest of my army.

is there any magnetizing guides to building the contemptor?

If all you want to magnetise are alternative arms then you really don't need a guide. When you see how the arm connects to the shoulder it's obvious.

The waist and hip joints are ball and socket so they'd be more difficult. The only reason I can see for magnetising the waist is to disassemble the model for transport which I don't find necessary.

Alright, thinking about what I need now in my army, and narrowed it down to some choices. I would have added a poll but found ther is none >.< so far my choices are:

1. ForgeWorld bundle of joy!- I want to grab a contemptor dreadnaught, x2 assault cannons, x2 lascannons, CML, IA: Imperial Armour Aeronautica, and maybe a scimitar jetbike for Sammuel. 158$ (before shipping)
  2. Another DW command box!- I can use this to make A beliel and at least 2 more DWK. 60$ at my local GW.
  3. Ravenwing!- regular sammuel, a box of 3 bikes, and a new full support squad box-303$

Which one? I'm currently leaning towards the FW, but still, more DW is tempting...

Do you have to ask msn-wink.gif - FW bundle of joy.

is there any magnetizing guides to building the contemptor?

Should not be too hard - just remember polarity, resin is fairly light so you should not need massive magnets although arm droop may be a problem.

More than likely it will work just like a larger version of a Termi - 1 magnet in the torso and 1 in each arm shoulder socket.

Cue Elmo's entrance music teehee.gif

I'm typing as you posted this smile.png

Cue Elmo's entrance music teehee.gif

I'm typing as you posted this smile.png

So now you've got me thinking I'm now magic tongue.png

Or a Psyker woot.gif

Hmmm okay. I tried magnetizing a terminator once and it sucked. is there any way to make a small hole w/o so much drilling?

No drilling or cutting required. When I get home I'll snap a couple of photos of my contemptor's arm joints because it's easier to point and say "this bit here".

Archived