2000 Point Ravenwing Batrep

pueriexdeus

OK I played my game Sunday 3 on 3. List Linky

FoG; GN, DA/RW (me),Ultras

FoE; Nids, Nids, Orks

Three objectives on the table.

I was in the center facing of a Nid player with Orks on my right.

I can say that my list brings lots of DaKa.

In a nut shell after three turns (had to quit early) I had Seven VP's and possession of the center Objective.

VP's= Ork Warboss,  Six Ork bikes, Six Defcoptas, 2 X Fex's, 4 xWarriors and 20 Gaunts.

Losses; 1xTyphoon, 1X AB, 6 Bikes, 2 Bikes 1 Bike, Librarian for 3 VP's

Learning curve;

Vengeance Pieplate not so good on the Ork Bikes 3+ Cover-saves all around. 3X Heavy 3 S7 is great against the Fex's, I'll remember it for future reference.

The Nephilim came in on turn three so I was unable to test its ability much, though it did put a wound on a Fex.

Sammis Raven Sword was practically worthless against the Warboss, only reason I beat that unit was Psychic Shriek, and Hit-and-Run with combined fire from 2X Full RAS

3X Typhoons w/MM on a tight table was a benefit, counted for the six Defcoptas and assisted on the two Fex's

I am happy with the outcome, Ravenwing en-mass are quite shooty, I'll admit it was primarily against a CC (Nids) army though, and killing the Defcoptas first turn probably saved me lots of headache.

Some nice insights here pueriexdeus. I take it thus far you are liking the newer RW than those of old?

I liked them before the new Dex. I  think Sammi is lack-luster against high T targets though. I did enjoyn the added Heavy weapon platform in the form of the vengence Speeder, I'll need to examine the Dark Shroud though, possibly against a more shootie army. The three Typhoons did what they always do, and Hit-and-run was just fun. The Nelph will need more play-testing, the Ork player had just brought on two Ork Flyers, so dog fights are coming. I am concerned about the lack of AAA in a pure list with-out the Nilph though.

Archived