Deatwing terminator squad numbers

leonhart040

And honestly,

What is the most common way to lose Terminators?

Massed gunfire and rolling 1's.

You mean 60 grots/Guardsmen pumping out 120 shots?...   I hate grot armys and I have a buddy who will bring one intentionally if he knows I am bringing termies.

facmanpop, I have it, and I asked about the sarge because I did not see it in there, and I read someone that having a sarge would be ok for the unit.

So with the corrections made, tha unit goes like this:

Command squad:

Champion HoC

Apothecary SB

1x terminator Deathwing Company banner, TH/SS

1x SB, CML

1x terminator AC, chainfist

facmanpop, I have it, and I asked about the sarge because I did not see it in there, and I read someone that having a sarge would be ok for the unit.

So with the corrections made, tha unit goes like this:

Command squad:

Champion HoC

Apothecary SB

1x terminator Deathwing Company banner, TH/SS

1x SB, CML

1x terminator AC, chainfist

Sorry, you've got 2 heavy weapons in there.....the CML and the AC. You're only allowed 1 of them. I'd go with the Assault Cannon out of the two.....although the plasma cannon would also be fun!

Champion

Apothecary

Standard Bearer (TH/SS)

Terminator w/ Storm Bolter, Power Fist

Terminator w/ Assault cannon, Chainfist

You could also think about taking the Standard of Fortitude as your banner instead of the Deathwing Banner. You then wouldn't have to take the apothecary upgrade and would get the Feel No Pain for units within 12" of the standard bearer. Increasing to the Standard of Fortitude and dropping the apothecary only works out as a 10 point increase.

I had a deja vu of discussing this (the tac vs tem squads) in the past and it led us nowhere.

So I will say this and just stop there: You are comparing two different units with completely different survivabilty, options, offensive power both at range and CC and you fail to take into account any special and heavy weapons and damage they might cause due to all those factors, not the least to say about special rules. And thats why the paradigm is flawed. Calculating the true odds is a major undertaking with at least a dozen (for the shake of speech dozen is litteraly a too small amount) variables.

And you draw a result based on only a very selective set of circumstances. Thats what I am saying, anyway moving along.

The command squad with a FNP banner should not be used as 'regular' squad IMHO. They way I see it (on papaer havent field them yet), is to equip them all with thunder hammers to ensure their survival and the champion to soak challenges. Then they should be left in the middle of a full deathwing formation out of combat if possible (to reduce the chances of loosing the banner) provinding their buff. Maybe throw in a cyclone. They should engage in combat only when the odds are favourable or they dont risk moving out of place.

I do plan on fielding a larger termie squad in my 1500 point army. I'm taking 2 tac squads with a PA command squad and the BoD with a Libby. Two typhoons and a large termie squad with Belial to drop turn 2. Plan is to push hard with the tacs and command squad in rhinos and a RB first turn and set up a gunline, then turn 2 drop the termies behind their lines.

Archived