Champions

Boniface

I think he's worth taking if you've got Azrael, Company Master, Chaplain or some other melee-heavy HQ who you want to kill the rest of the enemy troop by accepting/issuing challenges with the Champion. If you've got Azrael or a PFG you've also given your champion a 4++ so he might just tank some attacks and actually get to do something.

-Take a command squad. Upgrade their weapons at your leisure. Make sure there is a plasmagun/pistol.

-Model the champion hands and legs tied to a stick been carried by two models of the command squad and been muffled.That description is blatantly stolen from a fellow brother, I cant remember who right now is totally original. Bling him up with the vastly superior artificer armor that you can take hold from forge world and the failtastic completely uber blade of Caliban from the RW command squad sprue.

-Put an HQ alongside the squad and apothecary.

-When the squad charges / is been charged and there is an enemy champion  / squad leader in there challenge him with the champion and let the HQ take out the enemy squad.

-Throw the champion at the feet of the enemy Move him heroically against the enemy and have an empty base near with a sign reading Mimick his voice: I challenge you in the name of the Lion heretic!

-Pretend to forget the fact of the apothecary giving the champion (the champion only the rest of the squad is needed) FNP. Remember to roll the apothecaries FNP for the team.

-The champion earns a horrible  heroic death victory while screaming curses to his brothers to the foul heretic

-Probable roll on the chaos boon table. Victory dance!

-The HQ challenges the enemy unhindered and proceeds to kill him while the rest of the squad is safe. The champion has taken care of the enemy.Proceed with the rest of the game*

-In the most likely unlikely case that the champion survived fell due to luck bad dice, shoot him in the back with the plasmagunner let the apothecary remove the Rocks fool (akin to village fool) heroic brothers geneseed.

-Give him a moment of his brothers bursting their vox chaters with laughter and banging their heads to the nearest wall(why did you think Asmodai issued a year silence vow to the 7th? company?) silent honoring him.

-Implant the geneseed and pass the epic fail glorious blade to the next victim totally useless heroic marine to succeed the honored martyr village/Rock fool . TLDR you can you use the same model.

-?????
-Profit!!!

-Play the next game.

LosesGains:HilarityForging a Narrative Allowing the HQ to kill a squad while the enemy dangerous champion/HQ is wasting its attacks on a useless model.Losing about 15 points and your sanity.

TLDR 1 ablative wound.

-Take a command squad. Upgrade their weapons at your leisure. Make sure there is a plasmagun/pistol.

-Model the champion hands and legs tied to a stick been carried by two models of the command squad and been muffled.That description is blatantly stolen from a fellow brother, I cant remember who right now is totally original. Bling him up with the vastly superior artificer armor that you can take hold from forge world and the failtastic completely uber blade of Caliban from the RW command squad sprue.

-Put an HQ alongside the squad and apothecary.

-When the squad charges / is been charged and there is an enemy champion  / squad leader in there challenge him with the champion and let the HQ take out the enemy squad.

-Throw the champion at the feet of the enemy Move him heroically against the enemy and have an empty base near with a sign reading Mimick his voice: I challenge you in the name of the Lion heretic!

-Pretend to forget the fact of the apothecary giving the champion (the champion only the rest of the squad is needed) FNP. Remember to roll the apothecaries FNP for the team.

-The champion earns a horrible  heroic death victory while screaming curses to his brothers to the foul heretic

-Probable roll on the chaos boon table. Victory dance!

-The HQ challenges the enemy unhindered and proceeds to kill him while the rest of the squad is safe. The champion has taken care of the enemy.Proceed with the rest of the game*

-In the most likely unlikely case that the champion survived fell due to luck bad dice, shoot him in the back with the plasmagunner let the apothecary remove the Rocks fool (akin to village fool) heroic brothers geneseed.

-Give him a moment of his brothers bursting their vox chaters with laughter and banging their heads to the nearest wall(why did you think Asmodai issued a year silence vow to the 7th? company?) silent honoring him.

-Implant the geneseed and pass the epic fail glorious blade to the next victim totally useless heroic marine to succeed the honored martyr village/Rock fool . TLDR you can you use the same model.

-?????

-Profit!!!

-Play the next game.

LosesGains:HilarityForging a Narrative Allowing the HQ to kill a squad while the enemy dangerous champion/HQ is wasting its attacks on a useless model.Losing about 15 points and your sanity.

TLDR 1 ablative wound.

hashahahahahahahahahaha best description ever.

I can't stop laughing.

That guy you stole that champion description could be me, but you are welcome to use it :) no need to give it back.

The thing is that when I call someone a Champion. I want him to be good in fight and good in challanges. The best of the best melee fighters.

What we have here is a village dumb that is ellected to be champion just to die from enemy sergeant.

- Who is your champion I challange him

"bunch of DA's pushing poor guy ahead, someone gave him too big sword and buckler that they have glued to his hands"

- here it is - they laugh

I don't want cheap option, I want good option.

I don't want someone that is cannon fodder and I call him champion.

I don't want champion that won't swing his sword in 5/6 of challanges

I still think that its some kind of error like it was with belial halo and Nephilims missile lock. It was supposed to be two handed or something I don't know.

If I have the points, I throw him into my Command Squad purely so that he can stop a powerfist or power weapon sergeant from killing my Banner bearer on turn 1 of an assault.  In an ideal world, they all survive and I hit-and-run away in my opponent's turn and laugh as they either plasma said squad to death or drive the heck away on burning rubber. 

If I have the points, I throw him into my Command Squad purely so that he can stop a powerfist or power weapon sergeant from killing my Banner bearer on turn 1 of an assault. In an ideal world, they all survive and I hit-and-run away in my opponent's turn and laugh as they either plasma said squad to death or drive the heck away on burning rubber.

I'm probs going to max out the number of bolters that I can so probs not field one in my dakka pole squad.

However chucked this together today, what you think?

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b606/Dark_master1/E79249B5-30B2-43FB-9A65-5A3F06C9516C-8315-0000093DDB3E42BF_zps35f1187b.jpg

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b606/Dark_master1/948C462B-AD4E-406A-B537-FA6D7CB07432-8315-0000093DE1F00C4D_zpsa750c3ba.jpg

DM

Could use a bit of GS work, but I love the way you've used the robed Biker legs!  And my non-Ravenwing CS tend to live inside a Land Raider Crusader, so I leave them totally bare as a rule.  ;)  I was referring to my Ravenwing Command Squads, as I can't hide them inside an AV14 tank...

Could use a bit of GS work, but I love the way you've used the robed Biker legs! And my non-Ravenwing CS tend to live inside a Land Raider Crusader, so I leave them totally bare as a rule. ;) I was referring to my Ravenwing Command Squads, as I can't hide them inside an AV14 tank...

Thanks, probs going to run my squad with 2 Tacticals as a fire base. I think a champion could work challenging enemy characters to prevent them going for the std bearer.

Yeah it's needs some gs, but was bored waiting for my command squad from my redemption thread to dry.

Took some command sprue stuff and robes/ legs and sword from ravenwing. The legs are standard marine ones.

DM

The DW champion, OTOH...that halberd, once you get past the stupidity of its appearance...is stupid awesome!  Strength ten zillion, striking at initiative, ap infinity, with bonus swing from the banner?  Yes, please!  With four attacks on the charge (assuming banner), he's gonna krump even a SS-toting enemy sergeant, so the fact that he himself only has a 2+/5++ is acceptable...now, enemy characters with a 4++ or better...bad news, lol, cower him in the back and pray that your own thundernators can kill the character fast enough!

Aha, I see...I have been nominated the towns fool tongue.png (I know Stobz wouldnt insult anyone he is too good despite the demon avatar smile.png )
Time to wear the clown hat:

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110908133248/levynlight/images/8/8e/Carnival_Jester_Hat.gif TEEEHEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

The DW champion, OTOH...that halberd, once you get past the stupidity of its appearance...is stupid awesome!  Strength ten zillion, striking at initiative, ap infinity, with bonus swing from the banner?  Yes, please!  With four attacks on the charge (assuming banner), he's gonna krump even a SS-toting enemy sergeant, so the fact that he himself only has a 2+/5++ is acceptable...now, enemy characters with a 4++ or better...bad news, lol, cower him in the back and pray that your own thundernators can kill the character fast enough!

For the sake of illustration of the above point, the lads and I managed to yoink a piece of Commorraghian footage of a fellow Deathwing in their arenas most foul.

Archived