where to go from here...

A friend of mine is moving and is selling some Blood Angels still on sprues for quite a good price. It includes, 10 assault marines, 5 assault terminators, 5 death company, 5 sanguinary guards, a baal predator and a stormraven. The first things on my buy list to bring it up to a full force are another 10 assault marines and I think a Librarian for the HQ. Can anyone give some reccomendations on how to buld what I have and what to get next? I'd like to have 1500-2,000 points worth eventtually.

Also.... first post!

welcome brother msn-wink.gif

Your plan to add 10 ASM and a libby is exactly right.

I would also suggest buying another box of death company, you want more than 5 and they have a lot of BA-bling bits you can use for all models. If you want to be competitive, you also need a Mephiston model, and I would suggest some sort of dreadnought (furioso with frag cannon or DC in the stormraven).

Then you have a lot of options, depending on what you like. Attack bikes are very nice, maybe a second baal predator, or devastators for long-range support. A second stormraven also never hurts, but that's really not friendly anymore smile.png

edit:/ oh and of course you need to build at least one sanguinary priest with power axe and jump pack!

You can be competitive without Mephiston (I like to think I manage, anyway), but he certainly helps a lot. Some flavour of librarian is almost certainly a must, though, as they're by a mile our best HQs (folding Mephy into the discussion here). You can field a legal army with what you have, but more assault marines is definitely a good start. I'd also try and find some meltaguns (bitz sites, I believe GW still sells them if you struggle to find them elsewhere) and run an assault squad with 2 of those. Prevailing opinion is that plasma is generally a better special weapon option this edition, but assault squads are a special case amongst marines in that you want the assault weapon so you can charge afterwards. Melta-ing open a transport and charging the remains can be filthy. Some players run 2 dual-melta squads, I run a dual melta and a dual-flamer squad to have a more balanced list (and when I played against Orks on Wednesday, I was very glad!)

Its also worth considering whether you want to run death company. If you don't, then buy 1 more box of death company, and use your 2 boxes plus your 10 assault marines and play mix-and-match to get 20 awesome, BA-looking assault marines. Save the bolters for tricking out tactical squads.

Baal predator, storm raven, 20 assault marines, librarian, 5 assault terminators and 5 sanguinary guard should put you (depending on how you outfit things) at somewhere between 1300-1400 points as a ball park figure, so its looking pretty good!

as plasma goes . while it is true that with melta you can charge and with plasma you cant , at least this edition you dont want to charge every time , there are too many better melee marines and with the FC nerf it is sometimes better to double tap someone and wait for his charge huging cover[with possible SP giving fnp] then try to deal with GH or csm in melee.

The main probleme for me here would be that the other player will not charge, but shoot back with real double-tapping firepower (i.e. bolters). I still feel you would be better off playing tactical squads if you want to play such a style.

nope , because jump packs means you get in to double tap range before you and it is easier to bullet bend [and kill your opponent plasmagunners/sgts/etc] when you have a 12" movement range . tactical will give me one less special , one hvy more , but am going to be playing gunline with a dex which isnt doing gunline good in this edition. if one would want to spam tacs going normal sm or da is better.

Welcome to the B+C and the Blood Angels. 

You definelty want another scoring unit, so more assault marines are good.  If you intend to use the SAnguinary Guard a lot consider adding Dante to make them troops.

I'd also beef up the DC.

Archived