Dark Angel Competitive Lists {1850 pts}

Unless the most recent IA Book phrases it differently, the PDF version of the IA 6th Ed Update just states "When stationary gains the Skyfire and Interceptor special rule". Since it doesn't specify turns, and is stationary until your next movement phase, surely it has both rules in your opponent's Movement Phase still?

I'm home now and have checked my pdf (ah, the perils of posting from memory) and I think you're right GlauG. I appear to have confused the original Helical Targeting Array rule with the update and got it dead wrong. Polythemus, I retract my comment. wallbash.gif

AS big gumbo said, it is explained in IA aeronautica, the latest IA book with the comteptor and it is for the 'turn'

Oh bother. I'd naively assumed that my copy of Imperial Armour Apocalypse: Second Edition in conjunction with the Imperial Armour 6th Edition Vehicle Update would give me the current rules.

FW for you, I was looking for the rules for the Achilles recently and thats been in a few books, and from what I have seen the are the same rules reprinted in the last few books it was in.  They also updated some guard stuff that was in Aeronautica in the new guard book (namely sabers and hydra platforms there may be more but only know of those two)

Meh...if you design your list to take on flier spam, you'll end up not facing any fliers.  Fliers are expensive and non-scoring.  The more your opponent takes (with the exception of scythes and vendettas), the less stuff he has that matters.  Sell out to air defense, and you're screwed when you face deathroller spam, drop pod spam, nine pieplates, or 200 guardsmen instead.  Besides, the list in question is NOT tournament-hard.  It's a mediocre list for casual play...with max flak missiles.

It is only half of a List, The gunline section.

As such it is designed to hit multiple targets as needed, with either ML/Lascannons.

Most everything will have a 4++ cover or be in an AV 14 building with a 24"Salvo Buffer around it.

I would think its a very strong defensive position to consolidate your home objectives.

The other 900 points or so would be dedicated to DW/RW to attack and score objectives.

So you say...but it's had "the rest of the story" stripped out.  A fortification is mentioned...Tack on 220 points for a fortress of redemption, if you want more than one unit inside.  Five man dev squads with four expensive heavy weapons each?  Glass hammer.  Add meat shields for a few points.  A scout squad with four sniper rifles will do what, exactly?  Wasted points, there, meaning a very expensive and very redundant flak launcher is the "meat" of the unit.  You're going to take a ten man tactical squad and arm it with just a flak launcher?  C'mon, man.  That's not a 900 point core to which you can add another 900.  Once you finish making those units actually useful, you have more like 4-500 points left to patch up a very static, very mono-anti-air list. 

Bringing the devs up to 10 man squads, plas, combi-plas, and power weapon for each tactical squad, and some combi-plas for the command squad, and you're at 1150, not 900.  Plus a fortress of redemption, and it's 1370 (make it anything less, and you get to stash one unit...and hoping that the rest can find cover is not a plan).  Room for a HQ and 1-2 units.  I'll say it again, that's not a 900 point "core," it's most of a list, and it's over-committed to air defense and it's static.  Seven missiles is a death sentence for any enemy flier that shows its face...but enemy fliers don't win games.  It's also a death sentence for your own army, because you're a sitting duck against long-ranged shooting, anything that doesn't fear bolter fire, and especially land raiders (or any AV13+ transport with the assault vehicle rule) loaded with melee troops.  An IG gunline would look at your list and smile.  They're supposed to fear four lascannons?  Not as much as you fear four pieplates.

For that price range, take 240points of hyperios, thats 8 of them you can either put them in squads of 4 or 3 3 and 2, they are bs 3 twin linked krak missiles with skyfire and interceptor and are scoring in the scourging mission plus they are pretty darn tough

For that price range, take 240points of hyperios, thats 8 of them you can either put them in squads of 4 or 3 3 and 2, they are bs 3 twin linked krak missiles with skyfire and interceptor and are scoring in the scourging mission plus they are pretty darn tough

and only available if FW is allowed...

Archived