Introductions and Converting my White Scars to Dark Angels

hardimanm

Hello all,

I am new to this forum and new to the Dark Angels as well. I have been playing Warhammer since 1999. I started off with Eldar then went to Space Wolves then finally built a bike/speeder White Scar themed "fun" army. When the Adeptus Astartes series came out in the white dwarf in the early 2000's I rounded out the army and built a semi-competative 2000pt White Scar army. As the years went by and Rule sets and codexes changed i kinda retired the army as it did not have the same feel it originally did. In the latest Codex: Space marines they not only lost their close combat weapons they also lost the Hit and Run special rule. Which was what i loved about playing the army. So, as stated before, I retired the army to the back of the gaming closet. Until now.

With the release of the new Dark Angels codex i have dusted off the White Scars and am loving using the ravenwing rules with them. I have stuck with the core army i built so long ago but updated with some new DA stuff. I have a custom converted Sammael on a very train-ish looking jet bike. I have added another unit of bikers as troops as well. I have added a Nephilim just to have a flier since none of my other armies can have one. I have converted some DA Dark Vengenace Bikers to be my Black Knights and Command squad as well.

So far, I have stayed away from "non-White Scar" stuff such as Dreads, tac squads, Devs, and Termies. Going forward i may build an entire White Scar/Dark Angels army simply becuase i love the paint scheme and love to paint.

Looking forward to being part of this forum

Just need to decide what i "should" call my army? White Angels or Dark Scars? whistlingW.gif

Thought i would share a few pic of the army

My converted Sammael.  His Jet bike not look "train-ish" to anyone else...but that is how i describe the boxish look.

20130119 212332

20130119 212358

My nephilim Jet Fighter

20130206 193209

20130206 193031

Battle VS orks

20130202 192155

69651 603000863048912 989807316 N

Battle VS Another Dark Angels Player

20130223 180848

I've always had a soft spot for White Scars, ever since the old Editor of White Dwarf used to run them (Paul Sawyer I think?). 

Keep that as White Scars and just use the DA codex to represent them. It's all good. 

Cheers, 

WW

I've always had a soft spot for White Scars, ever since the old Editor of White Dwarf used to run them (Paul Sawyer I think?). 

Keep that as White Scars and just use the DA codex to represent them. It's all good. 

Cheers, 

WW

The name change was more of a joke than anything.

Archived