4 Armies vote winner!

God help me, but.... Ultramarines.

I actually second this, Ultramrines are like the Stairway to Heaven on 40k. They used to be SO overdone that now everyone avoids them like the plaque. If you ask me, few things are better than a WELL done UM army.

So I vote Ultras as well! You're not alone, heathens wink.png

Gonna vote ultramarines as well. They're way more interesting than people give them credit for, and blue power armour actually looks pretty great provided you pick a good secondary for the pauldron trims. (all ultras should be 1st or 2nd company is what i'm saying here)

Ultramarines, there is a lot of potential for them pre-Heresy

I vote Ultramarines too, they're very under done now days, and when someone makes an army that looks how the Ultramarines should look, it's one of the best looking armies around.

Come on Ultras!!! Rootin for the underdogs!!! thumbsup.gif

huh, wasn't expecting this much ultra-love, thats awesome! my educational background is military history with a focus on Imperial Roman weapons, Armour and Tactics. I was trying to be a author when I grew up for a time. so if you wan't a massively themed army, vote ultras.

I am also viking decended(Norwegian), so tSpace Wolves would be another heavily themed army.

The Hawk Lords..... well they will be just stait up Codex.

the Brazen Claws wil prolly be very similar to Koyote's "Strike Force Baptiste"  (heavy presence from the big =][=)

God help me, but.... Ultramarines.

I am sooooooo tellin the Tyrant!  actually, the ultras would let me flex some roman muscle. but I'm still tellin!

Go ahead. The Astral Claws claim Robute Guilliman as their gene-sire.

Hawk Lords gets my vote (for what it is worth) as purple (with yellow trim bits assuming second company) and fliers would really stand out. Yellow/gold and purple is very regal and Imperial, quite suitable for swooping down and being death from above. It would also be nice to see a "Talon Wing" of Stormtalons or Stormravens. A downside would be that printing yellow decals never goes well which is a shame as the icon would be easy to find/do by re-colouring Raven Guard. Also it means that Raven Guard Forge World stuff becomes an option to add character and theme. Having never seen one done you would certainly have a very unique and characterful army.

Brazen Claws is a no from me as I wouldn't wish quartering on anyone smile.png I also don't think the feral looking claw or colours go well with a Iron Hands successor chapter (and assumed bionic shennanigans and AdMec fondness).

The others are somewhat overdone, so it would be nice to see something new and out of the ordinary.

I vote Ultramarines too, they're very under done now days, and when someone makes an army that looks how the Ultramarines should look, it's one of the best looking armies around.

This...and I cast my vote for the Ultras.

Eventually, I could see doing Ultras myself, super Roman, not going with the standard GW blue, but something more like what BulldogUK used. If you haven't looked at his thread, do it. You will wonder why you considered any other chapter.

well having just got back from my FLGS, I have some in person votes! most of them don't come to this forum as they are dirty Xenos players! so the tally is now this.

Brazen Claws 9

Ultramarines 15

Hawk Lords 15

Space wolves 13

I am still waiting on some facebook and text vote so we'll see what happens!

Wow, step away from the computer for a bit and while posting totals and new votes roll in!

new totals

Brazen Claws    10

Ultramarines      18

Hawk Lords        16

space wolves      14

I went ahead and added brother grunt's vote for spacewolves as that what his vote was when I saw him today.

I may really like my Space Wolves and I would recommend them in a heartbeat but looking at the options I have to say Hawk Lords, go for an under-represented Chapter and take pride in a force that is both an easily recognizable and official GW Chapter but one that is rarely seen!

darn you heathens........lol, they actually almost hit this list. but, if the ultras are chosen, it will be a springboard for a project I've  wanted to do for a while now. the Zeist Campaign. then, I could paint whatever the heck I want!

Hawk Lords - cause you gotta go purple but a dark version not one verging on dark pink!

As someone has already said - I would not wish the quartered colour scheme on my worst enemy and there are far too many of the GW poster boys around already.

Archived